Fedex left my package in the rain...

1. and I found it two days after they left it because they put it in front of an obscure, unused door outside with no note. This is the chocolate Muse. When I opened the box, the packing was midly damp. The Muse was very slightly damp on the outside and inside it felt slightly...humid, not exactly damp. The bag looks good but I've never seen it in person before.

I also got a black one delivered on a different day (that did not get damp) and the chocolate one looks much nicer. The black one looks imperfectly constructed and like it had been out on the sales floor awhile. Needless to say, that's going back. So, am I risking anything by keeping this Muse which has been exposed to dampness? I wonder if it would have been 'more perfect' if it hadn't. Also, will it wear worse now? The SA didn't think it would be a problem but she'd take care of me if it is. I'm also afraid of getting a worse bag in its place ala the black one.

Thoughts?

2. You may want to check with your seller, if you purchased from a retail store, they will probably have FedEx pick up the one that got wet and send you a new one, I believe there is insurance for that sort of thing. I had a package that got wet that was shipped UPS, I was out of town for the weekend, and they left it at my door on Friday, it sat in the rain all weekend, I called the sender, and they sent out a new package. Worth a try.

3. OMG, how horrible...I am so sorry to hear this! It seems like everytime I turn around these day I hear another shipping horror story.

4. I have to be honest, it's really in excellent condition. It looks newer than the one that got shipped with no problems so I don't know if a little humidity really did anything. I've seen posts here about not taking the bag in the rain and treating the leather so I got a little paranoid about the effect it would have.

5. oh my! but it is best to change the bag since you sounded worried and if in the future anything happens to the bag, you might blame the condition in which it got a little bit damp...my two cents only

6. If it is any consolation, it is actually good for leather not to get too dry!
    One of the best things you can do to keep a leather bag in good condition is to wipe over it with a clean, damp (not wet!) cloth from time to time. This removes any dust or dirt build up and restores a little moisture back into the leather. (By the way, much better for it than oily or silicone-based nourishers/creams, which often create a sticky surface that actually attracts dirt.)
    Leather starts to age when the natural oils start to dry out, eventually leading to creases and ultimately cracking and flaking of the leather. If you live in a climate that is very dry, or the area where you store your bags is very heated, then it is a good idea to put a shallow bowl of water near the heat source. This will help keep the area around your bags a little more humid.
    Leather is a lot like your own skin... keep it moisturised to keep it beautiful!
    Re your YSL, my advice would be "if it looks beautiful and you love it, keep it!!"

7. I say wait a week or two to see if it develops any odors or problems and if it doesn't, keep it. If you exchange it, you might get a less than perfect one, (like the black).