FedEx Just Arrived!

cate22 said:
ET, I think the leather on yours is SUPERB!! :love:
At first, I also thought it was pretty thin, but it is surprisingly strong. I'm thankful they used a light-weight leather for this bag because I carry a ton of stuff, but it doesn't add much to my already heavy load (unlike some other bags I have)...

(I didn't know one of the pups was a bichon frese...my sister loves them! She wants to get one one day. Are they pretty affectionate dogs?)

Thanks Cate! If you like it, it must be good, because yours is AMAZING!

from the pictures u have taken.... the leather loooooks gorgeous! congrats on ur bbag. since the paddy didnt work for me, i settled for another bbag. =P

ET, your bag looks FABULOUS. One of the reasons I love b-bags is because they are so light, and the leather is surprisingly strong. It might feel a little waxy now, but with use, the leather will soften up in time. I have a 2004 bag, and although the leather has changed since then, I don't think my newer bags are any less durable than the 2004 is. In fact, I feel like I have to be a little more cautious with my 2004 than I do with the 2005 & 2006 bags.

I love your little ones, especially the Bichon. I grew up with Bichons and I always love going back home to stay with my parents because I get to see Carmello (my family's Bichon). My apartment complex doesn't allow pets, so I can't have a dog here. One of the downsides to living in NYC: some landlords won't let their tenants have pets. Boo.

Cate, I am SO excited to hear that! Big thanks to PF member who told me about the bag!

Poppincourt, I love your pup in the avatar!

Angst, I am sorry you can't have a pup in NYC! We had to wait a while to get one, too. When I was a child I got to pick out the kind of dog I wanted. My parents gave me a breed book and I read it until the pages were falling out. I picked the Bichon, and we had her until she was 16. I was devastated when we lost her, and vowed to get another one. We had the Shih Tzu first, then she went back to her original owner but we wanted her...gave up a month later and we got our Bichon boy. The people with the Shih Tzu called FOUR days after we got the Bichon, so we took her, too. They bonded immediately and became best pals. Hubby says we will ALWAYS have a Bichon...LOL. He looks a little funny with his new haircut, but he was starting to get matted so the fur had to go.

cate22 said:
Angst - How does the 2004 leather differ? Is it thicker? Or is it just smoother (as opposed to veiny/distressed of the "newer" leather)?

The texture of my 2004 bag is much smoother than my 2005 & 2006 bags. The leather has a little bit of spring to it too, ie, if you pull on it gently, it is stretchy. It may be a little thicker as well. With the 2004, I'm always worried about scratching the leather or getting it caught on someone or something during my daily travels (NYC streets and subways can be close quarters). It might just be paranoia on my part, but I feel like I have to treat my 2004 more delicately than my other b-bags. I will load my newer bags up and go, not worrying about how much I have stuffed in them (my hobo takes a beating sometimes); I wouldn't dare try this with my 2004 though. I just wish the newer bags had a little less distressing and slightly less sheen.

^ Thanks for the info! I was always curious about the old vs new leather, and you explained it quite well! :biggrin:

ET - You are too sweet! :love: Enjoy your FABULOUS bag!!!

Wow...your bag looks amazing in the pics. And it looks like you got one with great leather. Many of the new bags have a marbled look, much different from the 05 and earlier bags.

You were able to capture the true color of the ink bags...blue/purple/black - all in one bag.

Enjoy!