Favorite Radio Station???

1. Favorite Radio Station???

City: Manchester, NH
    FM 101.1 Rock 101 The Lumpa Nation
    Genera: Rock, Classic Rock, New Alterative Rock.

Why:
    They rock; the morning show (Greg and the morning buzz) is funny without being crude and obnoxious. The DJ’s have a very “real people” kind of feel, and overall I think the station really connects with the average person.

Satellite:
    Do you have satellite radio? How doe s it compare?

Other:
    I LOVE this station!! I grew up near NYC, so we always had some pretty good kick but radio stations and good variety, But Rock 101 is Awesome, and I think over the years the NYC stations have been ripping off their format.

I used to really enjoy OLD Howard Stern. Howard and frequent guest Gilbert Godfree would do political and pop culture satire that was very funny, edgy stuff, without all the low IQ bull that his show eventually turned into. IMO, the last 5 years of his show was really lame.

ROCK ON,
    Robert

2. Mine is:

City: New York
    FM: 100.1, Z100!!!
    Site: Z100 - New York's Hit Music Station :::Z100:::

Genera: New "hits", hip hop, pop, R&B, rock, whatever's popular for the time...

The morning show... with Elvis Duran and the zoo is hilarious.. esp the phone taps.. :biggrin:

3. Best radio station ever: WXRT 93.1 Chicago.

I have XM radio my husband has Sirius. Choice is good but the playlists are boring on XM. Sirius is a bit better. XRT is the best. It is also one of the best sounding pedestrian radio stations out there.

Nothing compares to my iPod.

You can go to the WXRT website and see their playlist. Here's a sample:

Artist: TEARS FOR FEARS PALE SHELTER
    Artist: MAYER, JOHN YOUR BODY IS A WONDERLAND
    Artist: SHINS, THE PHANTOM LIMB
    Artist: OASIS WONDERWALL
    Artist: CROW, SHERYL STEVE MCQUEEN
    Artist: HOLMES BROTHERS SHINE
    Artist: CURE, THE WHY CAN'T I BE YOU?
    Artist: BECK THINK I'M IN LOVE
    Artist: YOUNG, NEIL OLD MAN
    Artist: AQUALUNG PRESSURE SUIT (RADIO EDIT)
    Artist: CLAPTON, ERIC BEFORE YOU ACCUSE ME
    Artist: WHITE STRIPES, THE THE DENIAL TWIST
    Artist: POP, IGGY CRY FOR LOVE

4. When I was living in Massachusetts, they were:

STAR 93.7
    Genre: Mix of everything

Why: If I don't like what's playing on other channels, I'll switch to this one. It has everything from dance to rock to hip hop.

JAM'N 94.5
    Genre: Blazin' hip hop and today's hottest music

Why: I love the music and I love listening to Ramiro and Pebbles in the morning. They talk about everything. Sometimes I would get so into what they're talking about that I forget that I had arrived at my destination. Pebbles talks about the celebrities and she used to do a feature called Meeting in the Ladies Room where she'd ask a question and women would call in with their responses.

KISS 108 (107.9)
    Genre: Boston's #1 Hit Music Station
    Mix of everything
    Why: I love the music.
    I went to high school with Romeo!, one of the djs. He does a thing called Romeo! Needs to Know where he'd ask a question and have people call in. I love listening to people's answers.
    I love listening to Jackson Blue. He does a thing called Celebrity Dirt. I loved listening to it driving to work. He's on my Myspace friends list and his Celebrity Dirt videos come up in my bulletins. Listening to it and watching it is equally entertaining.

If you're listening to a radio station while you're driving by yourself and they make you say (out loud) "I KNOW!" then you've found the right radio station.

5. There is this station I found on Windows Media Player that I listen to EVERYDAY at work and it plays NO commercials all day long. THey are out of Arizona (I think) Club 97.7 I think it is. Anyway, LOVE that station. I keep it on all day long. I dont think they have a website anymore. I'll check my work pc on Monday and post it if they do. It's the BEST station ever.

6. Since I've moved to Toronto, I've been getting into
    99.9 MIX FM.

It seems to have the type of music I like.

7. I don't even listen to regular radio anymore... We have Sirius in our cars & it totally spoils you! My favorites are channel 33 (Area 33) & channel 36 (The Beat).

8. ooo i also like Kiss 108 when im in Boston! :jammin:

9. Here in SD, I like Jack 100.7. It's got 80's music and today's music which is a nice blend for me.

10. My favorite station is XM 48 Squizz (new hard rock). I don't listen to regular radio any more because I don't want to listen to dj's talking or commercials. I especially don't like morning programs with blabby dj's. I'm not a morning person, so I just want to listen to music and no talk.

11. Los Angeles area..

102.7 KIIS FM
    105.9 POWER 106
    99.1 KGGI
    93.5 KDAY (not sure if that's how you spell it)

12. XM That is all I have to say!!

(except for the cancellation of Mike Bullard.. )

13. I love my XM Radio!! I listen to the 70s, the 80s, Top Tracks (classic rock), Fred (classic alternative), and Bluesville (blues) mostly, but the best part of XM is that it's all music all the time. I, too, hate the DJ chatter, the commercials, and the mostly stupid if not juvenile (Elliot anyone?) morning shoes.

Though there was a morning show in San Diego that I loved called Dave, Shelly and Chainsaw. The Joke(s) of the Day were freakin HILARIOUS!!

BTW---XM and Sirius are merging!

14. South Florida Area

91.3 WLRN Miami Herald News
    It's the local NPR station. I love news radio. It's a great, informative station where I get most of my daily news from. I don't really like mainstream music radio :yucky: That's why I have a CD player and a crapload of CDs.

15. Washington DC:

HOT 99.5 :smile: I loved listening to their morning show with Mark & Kris and Teapot Tim :biggrin:

Germany:

101.9 Antenne Bayern. Great music!