Favorite lotion DISCONTINUED. Help me find a replacement!

I thought maybe EBay, but not one bottle one there even! They have several bottles of the light color, which I adore, so maybe I should stock up while I have the chance. Did they discontinue the light color too?

^^Thank you loquita (and everyone else that replied). I just can't pay $60.00 for 4oz of the NARS. I'm so upset the Nivea was perfect and CHEAP. It seems things I love are always discontinued.

The Scott Barnes product sounds very similar, but again more expensive. I need to stalk the drugstore and see if anyone else makes a similar product. There have to be other people that want the shimmer and tone, but don't want a self tanning product, right?

sigh

Annoying, I know!! You know, if I were you I would contact Nivea USA directly and ask if you can buy a case or something. I know that my mom has done this once or twice with her favorite discontinued items, and they will generally sell them to you, no problem.

And I did get some samples of the Laura Mercier and the Perfekt products today at Sephora (they didn't have the DuWop that I mentioned above). I will let you know how they work - I also don't want a self-tanner, just a bit of color that I can control for when I need it.

I love Nivea's "Silky Shimmer Lotion" in the medium/dark color. This lotion is NOT their still popular self tanner lotion. It's a flesh colored lotion with shimmer that looks great on my legs in the summer. Well low and behold it's discontinued! :crybaby: :crybaby: Now I need a replacement. I've tried the Michael Kors stick bronzer thingy, but I didn't like the smell and it wasn't dark enough for my skin tone.

Can anyone PLEASE recommend something similar? I'm heartbroken I can't find this anymore. :crybaby:

This was it:
http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/87260/200.jpg
This lotion formula was great! I too loved it and still have 1/2 bottle left, I only use it in the summer on vacation and If I could take it off and put it back in the bottle, I would. LOL I ended up making my own! I bought some broze loose powder shimmer from drugstore.com and mixed it with walmart equate plane unscented lotion. use half the bottle of lotion. mix with all the loose power bronz shimmer. It's almost the same thing.
I am chemist.
pour lotion in a small mixing bowl, and stir in the loose powered it will mix smooth and be bronz shimmery, I put it in those cute travel size bottles, makes about 6 bottles 3 oz.
good luck!!!!

Hi! Were you able to find an alternative for the Nivea Silky Shimmer Lotion? I'm actually going crazy as well because mine is more than halfway finished! Booo!! :nogood:

I actually found this organic product for the face+body, but I haven't tried it yet. It's not a bronzer, so that's definitely a plus! It's supposedly used by celebs & makeup artists, and it supposedly smells great. :smile:

http://www.lucybcosmetics.com/shop.php?code=BRO201

Has anyone used/heard about it before?

I also found this other product online which sounds great: http://www.smashbox.com/product/600...ZING-LOTION/Studio-Artist-Favorite/index.tmpl

Both products are semi-affordable (approximately $25)

I love Nivea's "Silky Shimmer Lotion" in the medium/dark color. This lotion is NOT their still popular self tanner lotion. It's a flesh colored lotion with shimmer that looks great on my legs in the summer. Well low and behold it's discontinued! :crybaby: :crybaby: Now I need a replacement. I've tried the Michael Kors stick bronzer thingy, but I didn't like the smell and it wasn't dark enough for my skin tone.

Can anyone PLEASE recommend something similar? I'm heartbroken I can't find this anymore. :crybaby:

This was it:
http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/87260/200.jpg

I STILL miss this lotion. smdh

This lotion formula was great! I too loved it and still have 1/2 bottle left, I only use it in the summer on vacation and If I could take it off and put it back in the bottle, I would. LOL I ended up making my own! I bought some broze loose powder shimmer from drugstore.com and mixed it with walmart equate plane unscented lotion. use half the bottle of lotion. mix with all the loose power bronz shimmer. It's almost the same thing.
I am chemist.
pour lotion in a small mixing bowl, and stir in the loose powered it will mix smooth and be bronz shimmery, I put it in those cute travel size bottles, makes about 6 bottles 3 oz.
good luck!!!!

this is a great idea!