Favorite Desperate Housewives Pictures

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
We had this for Sex and the City. Why not Desperate Housewives?

01.jpg

I love this. Mary Alice always talks about them, and after the first season after the events leading up to her death were discovered, they don't talk about her that much. This toast is an acknowledgement that Mary Alice Young was their dear, dear friend.

08.jpg

The juxtaposition of the couture gown and the lawnmower is just hilarious!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

14.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

I love the pictures of them at the charity fashion show because, while you're used to seeing Bree and Gabby all dressed up and coiffed, you don't really see that with Lynette, Susan and Edie.

I love that Susan was originally supposed to wear this beautiful ballgown, but in a typical Susan Mixup Moment, it gets ripped and ruined, and she still wears it on the runway and looks good, albeit a little embarrassed.

And I love that the women in charge deliberately picked a covered-up outfit for Edie. She took the matronly, dowdy outfit and made it very Edie ie, short, tight and revealling. (And it doesn't look skanky. It looks very sexy.)

24.jpg

This looks like the perfect family picture, doesn't it? A husband, a wife and their baby son. What this picture doesn't show is the extremes gone to get (and keep) the baby and the horrible aftermath.

15.jpg

Bree wanted Rex to be buried in a particular tie. Rex's mother wanted him to be in his prep school tie. That icy glare is because the casket is opened to reveal Rex in the prep school tie.

I couldn't find the picture, but just after that, Bree walks up to the casket and changes Rex's tie. (It wasn't the tie she originally wanted, but it was DEFINITELY not his prep school tie.)

Bree expects everything to be done just so come hell or highwater and things WILL be done her way, dammit!

I can't find it, but it was the scene where the baby's parents changed their minds and decided they wanted their baby back. Gabrielle is absolutely devastated, which was a big change from when she found out she was pregnant in the first season and had absolutely no enthusiasm whatsoever. I still get teary when I watch that scene.

45.jpg

I couldn't find the picture of the standoff, but I love these because Bree has this cold, Stepford Wife exterior. She's a mother, she doesn't necessarily act that motherly. But she knew how dangerous Caleb could be and she had the look of a lioness protecting her cubs.