Favorite designer before.....

LV and Chanel...I still buy LV every blue moon when it is something I really like, but for the most part I am a bit turned off. Especially with the monogram canvas. With Chanel, I just haven't seen anything that I really like lately.

You know it's funny... I was obsessed with Bally leather. From teenage years on. When I became a professional I started working second jobs to afford my Bally bags and shoes. I think my first expensive bag was a Bally briefcase!

Still have every piece. Wonderfully made. And it was the brand that got me addicted to <<sniffing>> leathers!! :graucho:

Before I began venturing to the H side it was all LV for me.......with the exception of the no name trendy bags that caught my eye. I still like some of their nondescript bags (Suhali and Epi leathers) and I appreciate the classic beauty of the monograms but I just don't buy mono anymore with the exception of vintage trunks/luggage. I also have a thing, still, for Calvin Klein bags. He has quite a nice croc bag out now that I've been eyeing. :graucho:

I collected LV for years but I was tired of everyone carrying them and all the fakes that were around so I started with Limited editions only and then I was turned on to the exotic skins and I fell in love with Jimmy Choo. I got several exotic skin bags, mainly Jimmy Choo and then I found Hermes.

I think my DH misses the good ole days. We look at all those bags now and he says " wow that is like free compared to hermes"

I do not have any specific favourite. Got a couple of LVs and Chanels in the early 90s, then went to Prada for the light - weighted nylon bags, then got a Tod's and a Balenciaga. Hermes then came along.

I treat my Birkins as special bags, but for travel I still use my LV luggage and for going to grocery store and running errands - there is a good old Balanciaga bag and if you don't want to have people stare at work there is always the modest Prada and at night the classic flap Chanel works rather well. So,different bags for different occasions. But, having said that, since starting my H family I haven't really bought any other designer bags.

Bagwise: In college it was LV, then after getting married it was Chanel & LV, then kids came along Chanel/LV/Tods/Gucci, now I have phased out Tods & Gucci, will probably stick with Hermes/Chanel & LV Speedy in Monogram which I have in various sizes, I love them! Wow, now as I re-read this it is really the teens,20s, 30s (pushing 40)phases of my life! It will be interesting to see what 40s, 50s & 60s will be like. :wlae: