Favorite Broadway Musical?

1. So, I'm flipping the channels tonight, and Jesus Christ Superstar is on MoviePlex! One of my favorites...along with Evita and Sunday In The Park With George. :yahoo:

What are your favorite musicals?
  2. Les Miserables without a doubt. Also my favorite book.

Jekyll & Hyde and Wicked come in a close second.
  3. I am in the entertainment business so I try to see everything...ok as much as everything that I can.
    Most recently I saw Curtains and Legally Blonde the Musical.
    I have to say though Jersey Boys and Wicked are most likely tied for my fav.
  4. Umm . . . . in no particular order . . . .

Monty Python's Spamalot!
    The Producers
    The Phantom of the Opera
  5. :jammin: Lots of newer favorites! I love Les Mis, Phantom, and Rent as well.

Handbag*girl :lol: I'm a bit in the biz as well, but all the shows I've played have been Reprisals of older stuff.

Oh, I forgot! I love Springtime Awakening as well!
  6. I'm seeing Spring Awakening Monday night :woohoo: . I love old musicals like Carousel, Bye Bye Birdie, Oklahoma, Camelot......plus Rent, Phantom and Chorus Line. In a few weeks I'll also get to see Mel Brooks Young Frankenstein before it heads to Broadway in November :yahoo:
  7. Lucky Duck! You must tell us how SA is!
  8. My favorite one that I saw on stage was Some Like It Hot.
  9. I adore Les Mis, Into the Woods, Ms Saigon, Barcelona, and Sweeny Todd
  10. Phantom, Miss Saigon and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Although, for newer ones: Hairspray & Mamma Mia.....constantly singing along to these two!
  11. My favourites are Cabaret, Rent, and Blood Brothers.
  12. Les Miserables, without a doubt. I've seen it three times in three different cities.

Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat comes in second. Saw it in Toronto with Donny Osmond when I lived there...Was never crazy about him, but after seeing his performance he won me over. What a darling show!
  13. I forgot about Les Miserables.
  14. My brother once said it was a pet peeve of his when people constantly refer to Les Miserables as 'Les Mis.'

I agree with him. When people call it Les Mis (ad nauseum) it's like they're trying to come across as Theatre Connoisseurs when they're just being pretentious.

Call the play by its proper name, please!
  15. Les Miserables for me as well. :yes: