Books & Music

Favorite Anti-Hero

Posted By tinkerbell4726 Posted Jul 10, 2012

1. So I know we have a thread with the emotional alpha males but now I wanna know who is your favorite antihero and why?

I keep thinking back to reading Avoiding Commitment and the character Jack was total antihero, yet as much of dbag he was I really wanted him to pull through and become the hero! Has anyone read a book feeling the same?

Suggestions encouraged :biggrin:

2. My all time favorite ant hero would be Dorothy Dunnett's Francis Crawford of Lymond, he could be so infuriatingly cruel at times but somehow still had a heart of gold.

However, if we're going more for guys that could be jerks and we loved them anyway - Seth from Shannon McKenna's Behind Closed Doors. Bobby Tom from Susan Elizabeth's Heaven Texas was a riot and also a real stinker at times. For the Urban Fantasy genre Cal and Niko Leandros from Rob Thurman's series that starts with Nightlife are pretty awesome.

3. Sgt. Troy from Far From the Madding Crowd.

I love Batman, but I guess he's more of a tortured hero, than a real anti-hero perse.

4. My all-time favorite anti-hero is Snake Plissken....a current one would be Daryl from The Walking Dead.

snake1.jpg TheWalkingDeadSeason2PromoPicture_Daryl_1.jpg