Fashionphile Relisting?

Jayfo

Jul 21, 2014
I've noticed 2 items I've had my eye on in the past few months on Fashionphile have dropped off their website and then resisted. I keep the item numbers handy and have them saved to my profile with an alert to when the price will be discounted.
Both of them, without fail, have disappeared the day before they were due for a discount.
Then HOW CONVENIENT..... a little while later....a week or so.....there they are again. Back up to the starting price. That seems SO shady to me! Sorry...had to vent.

I believe someone mentioned in another thread that this may happen when a person purchases the item then quickly cancels the sale? Who knows....but a few people have posted that they experienced your issue.

Given the uncertainty, I took advantage of the recent additional 10% off code to purchase an item I had been stalking that was set to drop from 20% to 30% this week. Even though the extra 10% didn't equate to 30% overall, it was better than taking the risk that someone else might purchase it or it would "mysteriously" return to full price.

I believe someone mentioned in another thread that this may happen when a person purchases the item then quickly cancels the sale? Who knows....but a few people have posted that they experienced your issue.

Given the uncertainty, I took advantage of the recent additional 10% off code to purchase an item I had been stalking that was set to drop from 20% to 30% this week. Even though the extra 10% didn't equate to 30% overall, it was better than taking the risk that someone else might purchase it or it would "mysteriously" return to full price.

Hi may I ask how did you get the 10% off code. TIA.

I just find it highly suspicious that both items dropped off the day before their discount and reappeared at the same time a while later. (They were both due to discount at the same day too).
I'm not convinced both bags were bought and returned that quickly either. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on this :/

Reactions: CaviarChanel
I haven't experienced this with fashionphile yet - when the item was due for discount and it wasn't bought then I would always see it discounted. have you checked whether they had actually sold (It should say on the listing)?

it is possible that someone bought with layaway and then cancelled - the item wouldn't have left them but would have dropped off the site.

You know what I'm finding strange..I check the new arrivals everyday and the same handbags keep popping up every few weeks back up to the new arrivals. Are people returning these items?