Family with cancer

1. We just recently found out about my dads brother and sisters health problems.

My dad has 3 bros and 2 sisters.

My uncle who lives in Seattle has Cancer, The one in the philippines has cancer and my Aunt in Arizona has Cancer. on top of this all My grandfather (my dad's dad) is about 90 something and is doing bad. We found out all this news within a 1 month time frame.

My uncle in Seattle is doing really really bad. all the relatives are there visiting him now. My aunt said that its really bad.

I cant belive this is all happening at the same time.
  2. oh dear, I am very sorry. I know the extent and devastation of cancer so I feel for you. this will be a tough time, I am sorry to tell you, and your father will need a lot of support to be there for them. for me being there and helping a little has always been a great source of comfort, as you don't feel as lost.

you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  3. Oh that is awful news to get, I hope & pray they will do well. There are great advances now in treatment!
  4. Prayers to you and your family!!!!!
  5. i'm sorry to hear all the news. i pray for you and your family/relatives...hope all goes well. stay strong!
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's health problems. Everyone on my mother's side of the family had cancer--I expect to get it someday, but I do all the screenings in the meantime.

Praying that you all can stay strong and calm.
  7. I'm sorry to hear of all this happening!
    I know how you feel with a family full of cancer victims.
    Thankfully they all beat it for the most part but it all started with my dad being diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 32.
    My mom soon followed with uteran then breast cancer. Her sister, her mother, my dad's mother- all breast cancer. Then started with stomach cancers and I lost one grandfather to it, but now the other has colon along with my step grandfather who has lung cancer.

I personally feel like a walking time bomb for a diagnosis! lol

Makes you learn to love life every single day.

I am so sorry you are going thru this trying time... You will be in my thoughts.
  8. Sweetie, you're not alone.

Within the last three years, I had back-to-back failed in-vitro's with miscarriages, then my husband had five kidney surguries and ended up losing the kidney, then 18 months ago mom (79 at the time) came down with breast cancer and last summer, DH had kidney failure and I had a third failed IVF with miscarriage in October.

My point is, I'm still here, and so are mom and my husband. :heart: There were so many times when I thought I would die of heartbreak. How much can any one person or family handle? We can never know why bad things happen to good people, but somehow you make it through and hopefully appreciate every moment and every person in your life and never take anything for granted. :drinks:

Please know you are in our prayers. Mabuhay.
  9. I totally understand how you are feeling. My dad is battling advanced prostate cancer right now, and at first it was really devastating, but after several treatments of chemotherapy, he is starting to feel and look much better. You must continue to have faith, and support your family! *HUGS* and best wishes to you.