Fallen out of love?

I haven't fallen out of love, but I am no longer obsessed like I was when I first discovered B-bags. When my self-control was nonexistent and I could think of nothing else. Now I'm down to buying 2 bags per year (instead of 1 every month) and if I do buy a new bag, I have to sell an old one first. It's like a previous poster said....your sudden cooling down may just mean that your self-control is returning.

wish my self control would return...bf thinks ive really gone over the edge. I am starting to think it too!

what happened to the days where we wore one bag until it was disgusting, falling apart, etc then bought a new one? and stuffed a too small bag instead of dare buying a bigger one. lol

AmberLV I think there may be a slight shift going on out there - now this is just my personal opinion and I'm not a huge collector, I've only got 3 due to the fact that I simply can't afford it!!, but I've been tracking the value of bbags over the past year and I think the value of the "average" bbag is starting to decline [and very possibly because other people are starting to think like you....hmm.. it's interesting). more special bags (esp earlier editions are holding their value true enough and it's certainly not going to stop me collecting over time, but slowly and gradually. But I have definitely noticed less bags achieving high prices on Ebay, and quite a few coming in considerably lower than this time last year....

Well said and I agree. I don't have that thrill anymore when I get a new Balenciaga and I've gotten some other bags that gave me more of a thrill than getting a new Balenciaga. I have too many that sit in the closet and it feels wasteful to me. I started with LV now find myself looking at LV bags again. I got a YSL Bow bag and I adore it. Something different for a change. I also got a Prada Gauffre and it's gorgeous too. On the verge of getting a LV I have been lusting after since I tried it on at the LV store.
Don't get me wrong, I still love my bbags and they are still my preference for an every day bag. Some I would never part with, others, I am going to. 20 is too many, I think 10 is a good number.
The new colors are what keep me interested, but so many of those are repetitive and the leather and quality so inconsistent that instead of fun it becomes a little stressful. The exorbitant prices for used bags is a thing of the past for me. The prices have definitely plummeted and are now in line with what a used bag should be. I think the days of Achtung, the "I will kill you for that bag attitidue* lol and crazy prices is long gone. Good riddance.

As much as I love my Balenenciagas, I also love other brands as well. Example, I walked into NM the other day and immediately my eyes saw a drop dead gorgeous Hot Pink (Fuscia) Crinkled Patent Kooba! I flipped when I saw it and a gal was trying it on and pondering it and I just sort of "lurked" until she put it down and walked away and then I grabbed it! It was MINE! :wlae:So as much as I love Balbags, I love others too and it has gotten to the point with me (because I have so many bags) that it has to knock my socks off before I will buy it no matter the brand. Need has nothing to do with it at this point and I just want to be verrryyy selective. I also wonder about the consistancy of the quality of Bbags. They are expensive not to be more consistant in leather quality and fading. JMO.

Maybe you are getting what I have heard of called "self control".
Enjoy it.

:roflmfao:

I think I'm getting some self control now! It's about time! I'm just enjoying the bags I have now. There is only one bag I really want at this time, so I am just saving up instead of BIN'ing instantly.

I see the OP is now banned? Hmm.

I like to think when someone starts something new, bags, hobbies, exercise, whatever... they tend to be gung ho in the beginning. Then there is a reality check and it becomes more of a sit and wait for the perfect bag, you realize when you see an older bag on a site that it isn't the only one on the planet and it will come around again. (except for that GGH Pine Day ;) ) I don't think it's falling out of love, it's falling out of lust.

It's all about find the middle ground, finding what works for you & not. I've downsized my collection from 5 to 3 and adding on a couple from different designers. If you give yourself a "break" you'll find out what works for you & not.. and it's not necessarily losing the love...;) it's just breathing time.. to sit back an re-evaluate...(the check books, priorities.. & is this what I really want) :beach:

I like to think when someone starts something new, bags, hobbies, exercise, whatever... they tend to be gung ho in the beginning...I don't think it's falling out of love, it's falling out of lust.

Very well said, ladybugfreckle!! I am definitely still in the lust phase, though I am trying very hard to be discriminatory and take the time to decide what colors I really like and are "me." From the very beginning of this obsession I decided that I definitely did not want to have a closet full of more or less the same style of bag - I am definitely a person who likes variety, and also loves a lot of other designers - so I am trying to be really selective. It is hard though, because in all honesty even though I have been obsessed with clothes, bags and shoes for as long as I can remember I have never fallen so hard for anything else, ever. I know I won't always be entirely faithful to Balenciaga, but I am quite certain that it will always be my greatest fashion :heart:.

For me I have found that after making one purchase, I get this sometimes uncontrollable urge to buy all of the matching accessories, or perhaps the same bag in a different color etc. For some reason after I have made all of these extra purchases they mean less to me than the original purchased item did. I find that when I show some restraint there is more meaning to the item for me. I appreciate more how much it cost and how long it took for me to save for it. I tend to take better care of it. I try to think about this when I am faced with one of those uncontrollable spending urges!

I haven't fallen out of love and I'm glad (though it's only been 4 months!). Hopefully they'll continue to excite me. I tired of everything else (Coach, LV, Fendi, Gucci, Marc Jacobs), but I'm hoping that my interest in Bal will never wane, because they're the only bags that I've purchased myself (the others were gifts).

I think I'm at the same point that others have mentioned, where my initial infatuation and borderline obsession with Bbags has calmed, so that now I'm watching for the right bags for me. I bought 7 in the first few months of total Bal lust, but realized I wasn't carrying them all, and now I'm just looking for a couple that I think I'll really use. And, I've started looking at non-Bal bags that I think I'd use too. I haven't lost the love, but I'm a little more balanced about it now.

I love bal now, but the reality is, I've only been into bal since august. I know myself well enough to know that eventually my bal-love will die down, as it has with other brands. Who knows? Maybe bal has that special something (or, as my sis claims, the addictive substance they add to their leather LOL) to keep me in love for the long haul. I really do think that other designers can't come close to that amazing leather, and those colors!! But if the addiction fades, I'm ok with it, because my bank account will thank me!! For now, I'm enjoying this little hobby, and glad that the initial "I WANT EVERY SINGLE BAG I SEE" has died down
:roflmfao:

I see the OP is now banned? Hmm.

Totally off the subject, but what does Sofa King Banned mean exactly?? At first, I thought it was someone's cute way of saying their DH, who was also a couch potato, banned them from buying more purses. :shame: But then I saw it under several people's names, and thought maybe it was not such a cute little thing. Does it mean you're banned from tpf (oh how awful that would be!!) And why sofa king?? Sorry, I had to ask- it's been bugging me for a while! :shrugs:

Totally off the subject, but what does Sofa King Banned mean exactly?? At first, I thought it was someone's cute way of saying their DH, who was also a couch potato, banned them from buying more purses. :shame: But then I saw it under several people's names, and thought maybe it was not such a cute little thing. Does it mean you're banned from tpf (oh how awful that would be!!) And why sofa king?? Sorry, I had to ask- it's been bugging me for a while! :shrugs:

Yes, when someone has the title "sofa king banned" it means they have been banned from tPF. As for what it means, say it out loud, but I suggest not saying it around any young children or people who are offended easily. Also don't say it out loud at work! ;)

Also check out this thread --> http://forum.purseblog.com/feedback-dropbox/sofa-king-banned-17498.html