Fall reissues coming to Singapore! Yay!

OMG <GROAN> I can't believe I paid SO much more in Sg for my black reissue arrrrrgh... They DO have the metallic black in Sg, all reserved for customers though I think. When you say small, do you mean 225 size? I don't know how much the 225 size costs here, but I know a 226 is about S$4220. So perhaps you saved about $800-900???

Hey shiny_hair,

I'll go home and check out which size it is exactly and report back. :smile:
If it IS the 226, then I'll prob also kick myself for not having seriously thought about buying another one! Hahaha.....

Hey shiny_hair,

I'll go home and check out which size it is exactly and report back. :smile:
If it IS the 226, then I'll prob also kick myself for not having seriously thought about buying another one! Hahaha.....

Hahahah you got it for such a good price you're so lucky!!! Btw, did you see other reissues and classic flaps in the Paris store since you were there recently? I just wanna get an idea of the selection in Paris..Thanks!!

Hi shiny_hair,

I think my reissue is the 225 and not the 226. Any idea how much the 225 is going for in the Singapore shop? Am attaching one pic here for reference. ;)

There are at least 2 Chanels in Paris. The large original store on Rue Cambon and another smaller one on St Honore.

I went to the smaller store cos the service there is better, and it is less crowded. I initially wanted to look at a bowler but the medium was all sold out. So I decided to go for the 2.55 instead. Heh. :P

They had quite a good range when I was there - I was shown the "burnt" leather, the new jersey material one (but not reissue, I think), and as for colours there was brown, the bronze and the silver. There were also a whole range of sizes and colours for the classic flaps - I saw pinks and browns and blacks, and I think one red.

The large shop will probably have more stock. A nice SA called Laura from the St Honore shop helped me out.

Hope this helps!!

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 104
Springblossoms, that's a beautiful bag! Unfortunately however, this is not a reissue-- this is what is known as the reissue-classic flap hybrid here on the forums!
attachment.php

the reissue should look something like this:
(pic courtesy of PFer Kis)
attachment.php

(pic courtesy of the_lvlady)
attachment.php

if you notice, the straps are chain straps with no leather interwoven through them! Also, the leather on the reissue is somewhat distressed looking, as compared to the smooth(er) leather used on your bag.

Springblossoms, I was just about to post on your bag, but nightshade said it all :P... Nevertheless it is a really beautiful bag!!! I don't know how much it goes for here (haven't asked abt this bag) but I am 100% sure it would be a lot more expensive than in Paris.

Oooh I am so excited abt Paris now (hopefully I do manage to go next yr), thanks for all the info! Nice to know that they have a whole range of colours for classic flaps hehee, in case I want a splash of colour in my bag wardrobe..

Hi hi nightshade!

Thanks! Yup yup, another kind gal also told me it is not the reissue. I think I kinda mistakenly assumed it was because of the clasp. This is my very first foray into Chanel world. :smile:

But I do really like this bag and am very happy with it. Heh, at least now I know what it is called when asked! Anyone else has one? I can't wait for an occasion to take her out.:flowers:

Springblossoms, I was just about to post on your bag, but nightshade said it all :P... Nevertheless it is a really beautiful bag!!! I don't know how much it goes for here (haven't asked abt this bag) but I am 100% sure it would be a lot more expensive than in Paris.

Oooh I am so excited abt Paris now (hopefully I do manage to go next yr), thanks for all the info! Nice to know that they have a whole range of colours for classic flaps hehee, in case I want a splash of colour in my bag wardrobe..

Thanks too, shiny_hair! ;) Glad to hear you all cheery, and yes!! Do go and feast your eyes on the range of Chanel in Paris! Closer to when you are planning your Paris trip, do feel free to PM me and I'll give you info and addresses on shopping and food! :tup:

Congrats Shiny_hair on yr new black reissue, i know it is crazy pricy in Singapore but since reissue is selling like hot cake, to get one is so lucky, there is no guarantee you can get one in other countries even though it might be cheaper. Wish me luck as i too am waitlist in Singapore store.

Congrats Shiny_hair on yr new black reissue, i know it is crazy pricy in Singapore but since reissue is selling like hot cake, to get one is so lucky, there is no guarantee you can get one in other countries even though it might be cheaper. Wish me luck as i too am waitlist in Singapore store.

Thanks dear! Ooooh I hope you get one, which one are you on the waitlist for??