Fakers getting Sneaky on TPF!! Suspicious Threads on the Rise!!

Whenever I see a post with a link that takes you to a site selling fakes (no matter what the msg is), the first thing I do is see when the poster registered - 9 times out of 10, they're a new member and it's their 1st or 2nd post. If they have a few posts, I have a look & see what those were about. Then I report it to the mods, so that they can decide whether or not it's a legit post or not. I can't stand those sites and the people who promote them - esp the ones who come here with the express purpose to advertise their fake bags. They act all proud and stuff - like we're supposed to be impressed! I guess they think if we're "purse freaks" we'll be interested in anything - even illegally produced pieces of crap!

:cursing::mad::censor::nospam: Argh! They make me so sick!!:sick:

One of the dead give-aways is the number of posts, I agree. Usually new PF's introduce themselves or have a question that does not involve directing us to a site to look at for a "great deal" or "cute bags". I try to report those every chance I get.

Fake sites are pretty easy to distinguish b/c they misspell things.
But it is scary how many people get taken in by them. And fakes on Ebay. I have friends that get duped all the time. I can't tell you how many times I have had a friend show me her new "Gucci" bag that she bought for $80. I think that $80 is a lot to waste on a cheap piece of fake leather.

Oh god! We've been infiltrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but as has been noted there is strength in numbers and knowledge is power. tPF has also reinforced why it has been a good policy for me to just stick to known stores (Macy's, NM, Saks etc) and known known websites (E-Lux, Bluefly, etc) if I am not going to a brand boutique.