fake LV's

1. i was at a restaraunt Saturday night & I saw two women, both with LV Speedy 30's. one had dark tan leather handles & the other had light tan leather handles. now I am no expert on spotting fake LV's, but I was just curious if real LV's come with two different shades of leather handles or were they both fake?

2. I am not expert, but I think the age of the purse makes the handles and leather change colors. Some purses get a patina. But, who knows, they could be fakes too!??!

3. I don't know if these were fake, but the new LV leather (vachetta) is very light, then in time gets a patina and turns honey-colored, so maybe one was newer than the other. The LV forum is very active--you'll get many more replies over there than on this general forum.

Good eye for details!

4. I have a brand new speedy - the handles were almost white when I first got it. It is slowly turning a nice honey color. The older the LV the darker the vachetta gets.

5. The leather gets darker with age. It's called patina. ;)

6. The damier pattern comes with dark handles instead of the vachetta. The handles on most monogram pieces starts very pale, like others have said, and gradually develops a honey colored patina. If it is used a lot for a long time, the top part of the handles can become very dark.

7. When I bought my Speedy about 3 or 4 years ago, the leather on the handles was nearly white... it has now developed into more of a honey color, but it didn't start out like that. It eventually can get very dark.

8. see, i know nothing about LV. Thanks everyone for the info!

9. The older the speedy, the darker the handles.

10. I suppose you can spot it through the prints, workmanship and sometimes even the size of the bag.

11. Monogram Canvas Speedys have two different leathers - the modern Speedys have naked vachetta leather, the vintage French Company Speedys have treated leather.

12. New Speedy (pic from elux)
    [​IMG]

Older Speedy with patina (darkened leather) (pic from eBay)
    [​IMG]

13. I think most people say here that fakes don't get a patina (or very slight), but recently I saw a woman with the FAKEST LV ever and the leather was very very dark in some areas (eg handles)

14. Actually I have seen fakes that have a patina. Its kind of "orangy" looking :push: but I guess you could call that patina. :confused1: