Fake handbags... what's next? Fake Disneyland!

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

With its slogan “Disneyland is too far,” Beijing’s Shijingshan Amusement Park features a replica of Cinderella’s Castle, with staff dressed like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and other Disney characters.​

None of this is authorized by Disney - but that has not stopped the state-owned park from creating its own counterfeit version of the Magic Kingdom in a brazen example of the sort of open and widespread copyright piracy that has Washington fuming.​
    The United States announced Monday it would file a case at the World Trade Organization over rampant copyright piracy in China, a practice which US companies say deprives them of billions of dollars each year.​
    But 31-year-old housewife Zhang Li betrays a typical Chinese attitude on the issue while chasing her young son around the park.​
    “I don’t understand why that is such a big problem. Shouldn’t others be able to use those characters besides [Disney]?” she asks.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. :wtf: They fake everything over there, don't they?

3. Wonder if Europe felt the same way when Las Vegas faked the Eiffel tower and Venice's waterways? :biggrin:

It's not the same though, in my opinion. The biggest triumph to owning a real designer handbag is that you KNOW it's the real thing, not a knockoff. People who carry knockoffs will always be insecure about it in the back of their minds, just like kids can't "really" say that they've been to the REAL Disneyland....only a copy of it. It's like saying I went to Paris! Or I went to the Paris hotel in Las Vegas!

4. But there are so many poor people in china really not many families can afford to go to the real disneyland.

Why not let the children enjoy it :biggrin:.....i mean they are children O_O.......when they can afford it maybe they'd go visit the real disneyland. I don't know how you can relate this to bags since it is a theme aprk not a personal possession.

5. thats not the point. Disneyland and all the characters are Disney's property. These people are making money from someone elses property. Don't think for a minute that they are just doing it for the "poor children". Thats BS! Then the admission should be FREE! Think of it like identity theft. Someone is using credit cards in your name. But hey, they are poor and need to do that. I don't think you would think thats okay. KWIM?

6. I agree with bagnshoofetish on this one.

7. O boy !!

8. This is horrible.. fake Disneyland!! i cant believe it!

9. ummm . . . NO!!!!!!!!!!!:lecture: :noggin:

10. ITA 100%

They could have used DIFFERENT characters but instead they are STEALING Disney designs.

11. hmmm.......

12. EWWWWW!
    xxxRosexxx

13. Oh My!!! :shocked:
    I can't help but laugh at this, the characters look really generic :roflmfao:

14. this is crazy .. i can not beleive that they can get away with this! how can you copy and amusement park .. i understand fake bags, ipods ,and jewelry. soon we'll be living in fake versions of the white house , eiffle tower, grace mansion , governor's mansion!! there is a limit... !

15. LOLOLOLLOLOL... :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: , sorry, but that is just too funny!!!

My coworker just said, "That's the ugliest Snow White EVER!" LOL!!