fake coco cabas everywhere in nyc

yesterday, when i was just waiting for my friend at the fashion district here in nyc, I literally saw three women pass by me with fake coco cabas look alike bags :yucky:
one of the bags had "florida" stamped across it, the other bag closely imitated the chanel vinyl coco cabas and the third one was white. i have a feeling that i'll be seeing more of these horrible knock offs since almost every street vendor in nyc carry them now. i can't stand fake bags!

Ohhh man... when I was in Bloomingdale's on 59th in Nyc a few weeks back, I saw two older women... one carrying a black vinyl Cabas (couldn't tell if it was fake, but who knows), and her friend with a bright RED vinyl Cabas... and a matching (not Chanel, but still!) red patent leather belt. I guess if you're going to do a fake, make it a blatant, terrible fake... haha just kiddng. :P

you're so right fiery! well i was just downstairs having a cig break (i know i know, smoking is bad for you) and i saw a woman pass by with an ugly looking fake croc cabas!! does that qualify for a outright ugly blatant knock off :rolleyes:

I'm wondering now if I shouldn't get the Cabas when it comes back into stores in August. I don't like anything that is too popular, even though we are talking about fakes here... :confused1: I don't want to carry a bag that is everywhere, real, fake or inspired.

I'm wondering now if I shouldn't get the Cabas when it comes back into stores in August. I don't like anything that is too popular, even though we are talking about fakes here... :confused1: I don't want to carry a bag that is everywhere, real, fake or inspired.

I would still get the bag if you love it - here in London I can honestly say have only seen 2 vinyl cabas EVER - one in canary wharf which definitely looked real (was very soft, right size etc) and one in central London. I have never seen the leather version. As for in NYC etc I am not sure how believable the fakes are but as someone else said if you know you have the real thing, that is all that matters and if it goes with your style. I am probably going to get the original cabas when it comes back in, i just picked up a vinyl one on ebay - now waiting for it!! :smile:

It's like the joke your grandmother knows.
By the time a bag has been faked, is it worth it to use it anymore? I wonder how many of my bags have been faked??? :tdown:

are there fake baby cabas as well? i'm going to nyc in a couple weeks and would just hate to carry the bag that everyone on the street is toting a fake of. i havent really seen any fake cabas in LA (yet)...

They are making the fake denim cabas too. UGH. I am new to chanel and sometimes look on the replica sites to see the styles and names of bags because I order my Chanels by phone. I was sad to see how fast these sites get the new bags on them. I still want a denim cabas but am unsure of the quality of it from a few other posts here. So now I want to wait and see what the new colors for fal are-especially the green. I have seen maybe 4 fake cabas here in NJ, they are so plastic fake that one could spot them a mile away. But not many people have real designer bags where I live.

I'll have to see when the bag comes back into stores. If it screams 'Chanel Quality' than I will get it. I can't imagine a fake or inspired bag having the same look of quality that a real Chanel has... on the other hand, I can never tell when someone is carrying a fake, so what do I know... :P

Are they copying the Baby? Mine doesn't even have the CC's on the leather, it is a very quiet bag. I'm sure people who buy fake would want those CC's!!

Copying the baby cabas is harder, the leather is very distinct, not like vinyl to imitate. It's not as flasy either. I sure hope I don't see any fakes ones, I would HATE that.