Fake Chanel? Post it here!

i don't remember which seller , but there was one that had you agree when you bought the bag that if you wanted a refund you had to leave positive feedback . Negative feedback ? Sorry , no refund .

amory said:
BTW, I don't intentionally bring her name here to tarnish her reputation. I just respond to someone's question. I don't charge for giving my answer either. So, feel free to take my words or not. :yahoo:

Yes, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. It's just that your blanket statement "she sells a lot of fakes" makes me uncomfortable. She has over 500 feedback - take it from me, that is quite an accomplishment. Do you know how many years you have to buy/sell on eBay to gain 500+ feedback and retain a 98+ rating? I definitely take things like MPRS and 500+ feedback with a 98+ rating into account when buying on eBay.

500 feedback + 98+ rating!!!! So what.

Look at qbhype. This seller has 907 feedback + 99.9 rating as of today. How reputable this seller is??? Search this forum for answer.

I don't jugde a seller based on his/her feedback. It means NOTHING. I based on the information he/she presents in the listing. His/her listings are retained for the last 3 months so people can always go back and check for themselves.

Anyhow, I wonder why you didn't speak up defending for qbhype when this seller's reputation was under attack??? If you did, I may eagerly lean on your side than defending for paixi. :yahoo:

Smoothoprter said:
Yes, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. It's just that your blanket statement "she sells a lot of fakes" makes me uncomfortable. She has over 500 feedback - take it from me, that is quite an accomplishment. Do you know how many years you have to buy/sell on eBay to gain 500+ feedback and retain a 98+ rating? I definitely take things like MPRS and 500+ feedback with a 98+ rating into account when buying on eBay.

I'm sorry I don't know who qbhype is, and I certainly did not know there was a discussion about them on this forum.

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just saying blanket statements like "they sell lots of fakes" without providing back-up makes me a little uncomfortable.

Again, as you stated it's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

"....without providing back-up...." - This Is Not True. What about listings of the past 3 months retain in feedback system? Tons of info for people to check.

"..I don't follow her THAT closely,.." then how do you know she doesn't sell lots of fakes???

qbhype sells a lot of Chanel bags. If you don't know this seller then probably you don't pay much attention on Chanel bags selling on eBay. Also, you rely solely on seller's feedback to buy their items then I can simply say you are just naive as a new eBayer. Ok, I am about to say one more thing I hope you don't get heart attack :smile:. I say about 90% of Chanel bags on eBay are fake. Many sellers with high feedback rating sell fake Chanel bag. Why can I say that? Take this forum for example. When someone ask for the name of reputable seller, nobodyhere can provide one name except the names of 3 tPF members including you. Do they know qbhype? Yup. Do they know paixi? Yup. Why cann't they name these sellers with high feedback rating as reputable seller? Figure it out yourself.

Anyway, good talking to you. Have a good night.

Smoothoprter said:
I'm sorry I don't know who qbhype is, and I certainly did not know there was a discussion about them on this forum.

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just saying blanket statements like "they sell lots of fakes" without providing back-up makes me a little uncomfortable.

Again, as you stated it's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Hi Amory, truce OK?

I was hoping though that you could please enlighten me, since I'm no expert on vintage Chanel, and post a couple of Piaxi's completed Chanel auctions that you say are fake so that I can see what you are seeing? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Hi Smoothoprter, I never declare myself an expert. I made mistakes. I paid for those mistakes. But then I get more and more experiences in what to look for the next time.

So, I am not an expert. But even if I am an expert, I don’t want to enlighten you. I don’t want to enlighten you on any aspect because you don’t sound sincere. If you don’t know then keep your mouth shut. I keep my mouth shut on Cambon question. I don’t ever reply to any Cambon post. I don’t pretend like I am Know It All. If I don’t know, I don’t talk. I listen. Otherwise, I would make myself look like an idiot.

I asked you question “Why the black color of her bags looks unusually shiny?” You haven’t answered me. Now I ask you another question. Look at her listings on completed auctions. There are few listings for Chanel bags. Some of these listings still have pictures intact. But some of these listings, pictures were removed. My question is “Why did she remove selected pictures?”

Smoothoprter said:
Hi Amory, truce OK?

I was hoping though that you could please enlighten me, since I'm no expert on vintage Chanel, and post a couple of Piaxi's completed Chanel auctions that you say are fake so that I can see what you are seeing? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Actually Amory, I was being very sincere. I really do want to know how you know her bags are fake.

I don't know why her bags are shiny, maybe she had them reconditioned before selling them?

Recondition old bag? Or make a new bag look like reconditioned old bag? That is one thing to look for. Remember a new bag with old series number raises suspicion.

Smoothoprter said:
Actually Amory, I was being very sincere. I really do want to know how you know her bags are fake.

I don't know why her bags are shiny, maybe she had them reconditioned before selling them?

amory said:
Recondition old bag? Or make a new bag look like reconditioned old bag? That is one thing to look for. Remember a new bag with old series number raises suspicion.

You know what would be good to add to the resource subforum when we get one is a list of how to identify those series numbers. I've seen bits and pieces of them in lots of posts but there doesn't seem to be one place where we can go look them up. For instance Yhassan is really worried that she may have a fake cambon tote because her numbers start with 8 and it might not make sense.

clk55girl said:

Hey girlie!! I don't know if this is a fake, but I def. tried a bag on in this color at bloomingdales last week... it was "white" but it was def. beige.. looked just like that (in color)

just figured.. FYI.. as I said, this could be a fake, I just know I tried a luxe bowler in this color on last week

Sorry I started a little argument about Paixi ladies! I just have no Chanel experience at all and wanted your expert advice. Since we have strong opinions on both sides I decided to go buy a beautiful black cowhide bag at TJ Maxx tonight instead! (At least I know that isn't fake):P

japskivt said:
Hey girlie!! I don't know if this is a fake, but I def. tried a bag on in this color at bloomingdales last week... it was "white" but it was def. beige.. looked just like that (in color)

just figured.. FYI.. as I said, this could be a fake, I just know I tried a luxe bowler in this color on last week

Hey girlie! Hmm. something just does not seem right with the shape of this bag and the location where the chains are sewn in on the actual handbag. My chains are much closer to the top and the cc's look too small compared to mine. doesn't it also seem sketchy that she does not include a photo of the hologram sticker matching the authenticity card and the chanel booklet is hiding the authenticity card . Something seems off to me. This is why I am so scared to buy from ebay, too many crooks! :flowers: