Fake Chanel on Saks Employee?!?!

^IMO that's exactly what we're doing.
No one said she sucks or degraded her personally as far as I can remember - should go back and see I guess{?}
People are commenting about how it's unethical . . . the gravy is she carries it in a store that sells real ones! It's ironic is all:lol:

Uh--what's an ugly betty situation???

In the show, Betty gets this new Gucci bag that everyone wanted...including that *****y receptionist girl (forgot her name) and then she found out her dad needed medicine but he couldn't get medicare because he was illegal, I think....so she sold the real one and bought a fake one (so no one would question her) and instead used the money to help her dad.

I'm just joking....but this did remind me of that. ;)

why would someone bite you?
Most of us agree to blantantly carry around an illegal counterfeit is a bad idea. . . some people here obviously don't:shrugs:
I think it's extra unethical to carry into a store where you work that sells the brand you're carrying a fake of.
She didn't stone her or anything, just brought it back here to discuss.
I still appreciate my blessings:yes:

I think that's the biggest issue. Personally, I don't like to see fakes, but some people don't see the need to buy a real one if they can get a knockoff for 1/10 of the price...but when you when you work at a place like Saks, you just might want to think twice about the bag you carry. Why not just by something real that's in your budget?

I think that's the biggest issue. Personally, I don't like to see fakes, but some people don't see the need to buy a real one if they can get a knockoff for 1/10 of the price...but when you when you work at a place like Saks, you just might want to think twice about the bag you carry. Why not just by something real that's in your budget?

Exactly! Anyone can go out and get a non designer bag that's cute enough. But when someone gets a fake bag over such non designer bag, that person is trying to look as she can afford a designer one. Saying something like she got it because it looked good, not because it "looks like a Chanel" or she doesn't care what other people think doesn't make sense. Only reason for her to carry a fake is for others to look at it and think she has a Chanel.

One of my mother's friend only carries fake LVs and she thinks she's being smarter than people who buys real ones. She says her fakes are just as good and it's dumb to pay so much money for real ones. Well, if she thinks it's dumb to own a LV, why is she emulating those who buys them?

Yes, hard earned money should be spent on ones family. This still doesn't make it okay to carry a fake. You had to know that no one would agree with this practice here on the purse forum. Especially in the Chanel forum talking about a fake Chanel! Perhaps she could use her money to buy a nice less expensive non knocked off handbag.

I was going to say maybe she doesn't care as she is probably using her money to pay her light bill. but I have to agree with the above statement.

there are cheaper priced bags that will last longer...

I totally agree that carrying a non expensive non designer bag is much better than carrying a fake!

Someone who needs to buy fakes yet 'scoffs' at people who buy the real thing is pathetic really IMO. Especially those who go around telling everyone that they 'only' use fakes, I find that ridiculously pathetic.

Here's your chance to bite me -- why pass judgment regarding someone carrying a fake. Who are we anyway? Chanel lovers who to help each other find pieces, offer support, etc. Take a second and acknowledge our blessings. When I see a fake, my mind says fake, period.

Aside from the obvious: fakes make a person look tacky, the sale of fake handbags is a federal offense, and it's along the same lines as Walmart: it's cheaper than average but promotes sweatshops among other things...

Someone who works at Saks should not be wearing a fake. Okay, the average person who doesn't know better is another topic. But someone who works at a high end retailer is representing their company, and in this case, very poorly.

Personally I don't buy into the whole "maybe she's trying to spend money on her family instead of material goods" argument.

If you are strapped for cash and have a family to feed, then why are you worrying about frivolous material things? People who buy fake designer bags are trying to emulate the fashionable. Ironically, people who have true fashion sense would never buy a fake. It's a catch-22.

Not everyone thinks the same and you have to accept that. My friend is a PROSECUTOR and she carries fake Gucci bags.:shrugs: The funny part is when we're out and I have a lowkey bag like Hermes Kelly, everybody always says to her "ooooh, Gucci, nice bag, we know you're makin the big bucks" LOL!! I have a little chuckle. 99% of people dont know its fake and that is the argument of those who carry fake bags (and its true).

Not everyone thinks the same and you have to accept that. My friend is a PROSECUTOR and she carries fake Gucci bags.:shrugs: The funny part is when we're out and I have a lowkey bag like Hermes Kelly, everybody always says to her "ooooh, Gucci, nice bag, we know you're makin the big bucks" LOL!! I have a little chuckle. 99% of people dont know its fake and that is the argument of those who carry fake bags (and its true).

So true. During college I interned in a law firm where two of the women had fake Gucci bags.