Facebook PET PEEVES

My pet peeve is People who have befriended tons of people they barely know and they wonder why they get robbed while they are gone on vacation. I only befriend people that I know personally.

and usually that's code for "i'm staying the night at my girlfriend's house tonight, so i'll be late. and btw, i don't love you anymore and i just got my girlfriend pregnant."

yeah, something is seriously wrong when the spouse posts mushy crap like that for the world to see. like he's trying to prove to the world that he's a faithful and devoted husband? don't think so...

thank god my husband does not have or believe in a FB account. :yahoo:
:roflmfao::lol:

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I don't think people realize that there are greasemonkey scripts that allow you to track (a) who unfriends you, (b) who hasn't accepted your request, (c) who rejected your request,etc. I have facebook friend tracker on one of my computers and it works well. On the flip side, people who unfriend others to make a point should probably realize that it will likely be months, if ever, before anyone notices you're gone. :P

I almost never unfriend people (unless we've had an exchange and I've forewarned them) because you never know just how offended they may be. Some people are very touchy about these virtual things. It's a bit ridiculous, IMO. :shrugs:

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I don't think people realize that there are greasemonkey scripts that allow you to track (a) who unfriends you, (b) who hasn't accepted your request, (c) who rejected your request,etc.

i have actually considered subscribing to one of those, but was concerned it was one of those "they know your entire life" sort of apps with FB. i heard that if you played farmville, there was some sort of article published about how they were selling your information to other sites/companies.

not sure how accurate this information is since a friend of mine told me about it. but she said it was the main reason why she chose to delete her FB account entirely.

pretty scary.

^Nah, it's just a script that runs on your page when you sign in or once a week, depending on settings, and pops up a screen that shows differences in your friends list - like who was there last time and isn't there now.

My computer is loaded for bear re: security and transmitting 3rd party info and purse forum transmits more personal info when I sign in than these scripts do.

Aps on facebook (something else entirely) often do transmit other information to third parties. This isn't the type of thing that I'm talking about.

1. drama

2. when girls post up pics of a luxury item with the caption "thanks honey." Seriously?

3. status updates such as: "making dinner for my honey/baby," "missing my honey," "2 more days/hours/mins until my honey gets back." blah..blah..blah...:yucky:

4. random stragglers (some from other countries) that find me while searching through my friends contact lists and send me a friend request

-I hate "cheese sandwich" updates, which are status updates such as: Making breakfast, then just hanging out! Alright, going to the store now! Just ate dinner, probably gonna watch tv until 10:30 then I'll read a book, file my nails, hopefully fall asleep around 12!....No one cares!

-Excessive use of hearts and asterisks. Not cute.

-Obvious poor spelling and grammar. Call me the grammar police, but it just looks sloppy.

-People who share WAY too personal stuff

-And it's such a small thing...but when people type ",,,,,,," instead of "......" or when people type something then end it with a weird symbol (ie: "Great post Tricia~~")

4. random stragglers (some from other countries) that find me while searching through my friends contact lists and send me a friend request

ugh...ditto on that one!!!

i keep getting these friend requests from people who live in italy with the same last name as my maiden name. like it's a club or something. i don't get this. :shrugs:

^I hear you, but sometimes I can't tell whether someone is a random straggler or if we actually met at some point. :shame: I hate when that happens.

exactly. this happened to me just a few days ago. i received a friend request from someone i didn't recognize—her name or her photo. so i ignored it. luckily she sent me an email a few days later telling me we used to work together back when we were 19 years old. as soon as she said that, i remembered her right away. and sadly, we were very good friends at that time, but i didn't know it was her because she wasn't using her maiden name, only her married name. i'm so glad she sent me that email (from my website) telling me who she was or i would never have accepted her friend request.