F/W 2012 - Bal Intel

Personally, I think Balenciaga has over-produced, and as a result .. they are not selling the bags like before. In addition, all their "cuts" (e.g., no feet on the PT, no more pocket on the back of the mirror, etc.) have affected their 'cache'.

I used to buy quite a few bags each Year/Season; not anymore. With the cost being what it is and the quality of some of the bags not like they used to be, I think twice before pulling the trigger now. Kinda sad ...

Ceejay, I agree with your sentiment. I think Bal has overproduced since f/w 2005. The quality has definitely not where it used to be.

Personally, I think Balenciaga has over-produced, and as a result .. they are not selling the bags like before. In addition, all their "cuts" (e.g., no feet on the PT, no more pocket on the back of the mirror, etc.) have affected their 'cache'.

I used to buy quite a few bags each Year/Season; not anymore. With the cost being what it is and the quality of some of the bags not like they used to be, I think twice before pulling the trigger now. Kinda sad ...

i completely agree CJ, i also think they aren't selling very much:everytime i go to Balenciaga store in MILAN ,i only see a couple of customers while CELINE and CHANEL STORES are super crowded ! i also think twice now before buying a bbag , selling is just a PITA then!!

To *F*:
^^^definitely, I noticed this trend too. A lot of European online boutiques are not selling their Bals as fast and quickly and as easily as they used to. I always look at all the online stores that I used to get my Bals from and the inventory is still there and it's been almost a month. That is quite a surprise/ shock to me as I am used to snatching up a coveted Bal color with original GH as soon as its posted online since in a matter of days, no, even just in a few hours, they're all gone.

I totally agree with you guys on how Balenciaga sales have slumped, it seems. I kept commenting to a dear TPF friend that I didn't see the feeding frenzy when the SS12 collection came out. There was alot of anticipation for the SS12 collection, but there wasn't this HUGE rush to show purchases cuz I don't think as many purchases were made. I've only collected since late 2010 but I've read alot through the forum...seems like Bal has been disappointing for a couple years now.

I have also noticed that Bal vendors have struggled to move their inventory. I'm done with buying Bals as well. I have my handful of lovelies. The 2011 and 2012 collections have not enticed me at all. They just don't compare to what Bal used to produce...plus, as Chloeglamour stated...selling them is a PITA now. Something happened this summer with resales and it hasn't really recovered.

I totally agree with you guys on how Balenciaga sales have slumped, it seems. I kept commenting to a dear TPF friend that I didn't see the feeding frenzy when the SS12 collection came out. There was alot of anticipation for the SS12 collection, but there wasn't this HUGE rush to show purchases cuz I don't think as many purchases were made. I've only collected since late 2010 but I've read alot through the forum...seems like Bal has been disappointing for a couple years now.

I have also noticed that Bal vendors have struggled to move their inventory. I'm done with buying Bals as well. I have my handful of lovelies. The 2011 and 2012 collections have not enticed me at all. They just don't compare to what Bal used to produce...plus, as Chloeglamour stated...selling them is a PITA now. Something happened this summer with resales and it hasn't really recovered.

Totally agree with this, and it's such a shame. I can't imagine ever buying anything 'new' again - I'll stick to pre-loved oldies.

I have to say, even though I'm a new collector I have noticed the same thing. The holiday bags are still hanging around, hell there's still some old season GH bags out there. I have to say that just looking at the mGH, oh sorry G12 bags doesn't make me want to go & buy one. I just find them so blah, especially the mRGH. It might as well be RH. The mSGH does look great with some colors, such as black or coquelicot. But the bags just don't feel like GH bags, ykwim?

I'm going to hold out hope and see what next season has in store for us. I have been a collector since 2007 and there always seems to be a bit of push back with change at first, but then it soon becomes all the rage. I wasn't into GH until recently and was a die hard RH fan. Although I think the GH looks better than the mGH, I think on some bags it looks more subdued and sophisticated. When bal introduced RGGH a lot of girls did not like it.;I welcomed it because I thought GSH and GGH were too blingy. I'm going to see how this plays out because I am crazy excited for Mango, Cumin, Cassis, the red and green.

I'm going to hold out hope and see what next season has in store for us. I have been a collector since 2007 and there always seems to be a bit of push back with change at first, but then it soon becomes all the rage. I wasn't into GH until recently and was a die hard RH fan. Although I think the GH looks better than the mGH, I think on some bags it looks more subdued and sophisticated. When bal introduced RGGH a lot of girls did not like it.;I welcomed it because I thought GSH and GGH were too blingy. I'm going to see how this plays out because I am crazy excited for Mango, Cumin, Cassis, the red and green.

This is very true. We're always resistant at first since we like the way that things are. I've noticed this around the bal forum and I'm totally guilty of this. I don't even own any GH bags but I know I like them oodles better than the G12. Just the look of the GH bags have so much more freshness and funk to them.

The underlying issue with me is that they keep making all these stupid changes. It almost feels like they don't want us to buy their bags.

This season, just bought a Coquelicot RH PT (which is technically LAST season's color), wallet and make-up thingy. Other than that, nothing entices.

Well that is a punt Balenciaga made & now they can live with it.. Perhaps the sales may increase in time, who knows? But I have to agree with what many are saying about the sales. It doesn't move as fast as it use too... Many ladies like the new GH 12, but just as many don't... So that would have a huge impact on sales..(not the only impact though) I'm sure the cutting corners has disappointed a few followers as well. Interesting to see if sales pick up in time....

I have to say, even though I'm a new collector I have noticed the same thing. The holiday bags are still hanging around, hell there's still some old season GH bags out there. I have to say that just looking at the mGH, oh sorry G12 bags doesn't make me want to go & buy one. I just find them so blah, especially the mRGH. It might as well be RH. The mSGH does look great with some colors, such as black or coquelicot. But the bags just don't feel like GH bags, ykwim?

I can't see myself purchasing the GH 12. Exception for me has been the Town & mini pom. Coq has been the only color I have purchased in the last year..Wonderful for my wallet...:smile:
I would love a DV or even GP, but I wont do the GH 12... So I choose not to go for these colors at all....If later funds allowed me to make the plunge, I would opt for RH as I feel paying so much for smaller HW on a velo or city these days is just not worth it....:nogood:

I totally agree. I haven't bought a bal in years - I think the anniversary craquele was my last "new" purchase. It seems like the resale market has stalled as well. Probably not a bad thing as I think a lot of oldies were way over priced for a long time. It seems like the bal bubble has finally burst to a more realistic levels. I'd still pay a touch over for something special - but I won't over pay anymore, but then again there's nothing anymore that I can't "live without".

I agree with the observations that Bal has overproduced etc and I have noticed there haven't been as many reveals here as past seasons ( most of the purchases in the monthly share thread are about oldies which lucky people have bagged).

An additional observation though - living in Asia, I noticed that the G12 bags seem to be selling well. It's not like there are empty shelves in shops kind of feeding frenzy but I have seen many G12 bags on the streets and friends have professed love for G12 due to the weight.

G12 info has been explained in previous posts but basically it's just the size of the hardware measured in mm.
Here in Hk, either I see RH or original GH around, have not seen G12 that much.

Um okay. I haven't heard of G12 before - I guess it's not as popular where I am.

Hi, the official term G12 was being used by Sa's and the Balenciaga.com website (also some online boutiques) to differentiate it from the original GH which they now call GH 21.
I also didn't know this until I read back in this thread and read it from a post of a fellow tPf'er that this was the meaning.;)