Explorations in vintage Dooney & Bourke

What a great collection! I really love the smaller red one--bottom right--what is it called? Thanks!

That's a beauty. believe it's an original Equestrian. It's very early. It's pre-All Weather Leather. No duck, no hang tag, pre-green label. Looks like 1981-1982 from what I'm told.

Glad you all like these.

I take photos for fun, and in photo forums we often do a 'pic of the day'. Also, I like to do documentary photography, in which we document changes of things over time. In this case, we'll see a change in the pocketbook. lol.

I'm going to add to this thread, by taking a photo of my wife, at the same place (NYC, Central Park, Gastrow Bridge), around the same time every day that it is practical (early morning on the way to work). With a different D&B find, of course.

The first couple or three I have already posted elsewhere on tpf. But we'll be posting new ones regularly.

Hope you enjoy!

This is with a nice Burberry raincoat, bought in a vintage store in Brooklyn:

tpf-1 by dentonTay, on Flickr

With a Canada Goose rainshell:

tpf-2 by dentonTay, on Flickr

With a great Versace silk blouse that I bought on ebay some years ago:

tpf-3 by dentonTay, on Flickr

More Canada Goose (been raining a lot lately!)

tpf-4 by dentonTay, on Flickr

tpf-5 by dentonTay, on Flickr

Reactions: dgphoto
Nice collection. I have a collection of my own. I own at least one bag out of every catagory.I just need to find two more and the collection is complete(a Kilty and a Horsebit)

Attachments

• Dooney and Bourke Collection.png
    Dooney and Bourke Collection.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 1,356
I love these vintage D&B.

A couple were bought new in the 1990s, most were from ebay. So, experts, if you see something, say something <g> and I'll remove the offender and re-shoot. Hope you enjoy these very inexpensive (used) but well made in America and colorful bags!

These are the Tetons. I just love them, always did since they first came out. Love the Southwestern/Navajo vibe.

dblib-1 by dentonTay, on Flickr

These are the whites and the ivories. I like these for the summer.

dblib-2 by dentonTay, on Flickr

These are the taupes and the greens. The one on the right is overly used, I'm going to look to replace it with something else in the same color.

dblib-3 by dentonTay, on Flickr

The reds and the blue:

dblib-4 by dentonTay, on Flickr

The blacks and the browns:

dblib-5 by dentonTay, on Flickr
you have excellent bags! bravo for taste!!

Glad you all like these.

I take photos for fun, and in photo forums we often do a 'pic of the day'. Also, I like to do documentary photography, in which we document changes of things over time. In this case, we'll see a change in the pocketbook. lol.

I'm going to add to this thread, by taking a photo of my wife, at the same place (NYC, Central Park, Gastrow Bridge), around the same time every day that it is practical (early morning on the way to work). With a different D&B find, of course.

The first couple or three I have already posted elsewhere on tpf. But we'll be posting new ones regularly.

Hope you enjoy!

A couple from this week, both large Essex:

bd-10 by dentonTay, on Flickr

bd-11 by dentonTay, on Flickr

Glad you all like these.

Hope you enjoy!

Some more in the series.

doon-12 by dentonTay, on Flickr

db-11 by dentonTay, on Flickr

db-10 by dentonTay, on Flickr