Experience with Chanel refurbishing/repair

I would think that the Chanel chain is patented and you would not be able to replace it by a non-authorized Chanel repair shop. I would definitely send it to Chanel to have it refurbished. I wouldn't trust anyone else.

You can call the nearest Chanel Boutique to you. If you ship it to them, they will call you & give you an estimate after you tell them what you want done. A total refurbishment would cost you roughly $300. I hate to say it, but they have turned people down on the refurbishing if the bag is too old & too worn down.

at chanel boutiques, are there repair people??
because i was wondering if they can reglue the hollogram sticker and it'd be stupid for them to ship it to france...

At the LV boutique i know there's a repair guy who does very minor repairs

k~~ bumping this thread!!

I just found out that one stone was missing from my 09P band. i probably wore this one for less than 5 times...I'm bringing it in tomorrow, hopefully they won't take too long to fix it. anyone had any experience with crystal missing? i don't have the missing stone...

dsc05924-1.jpg

Sorry about your missing crystal in your Chanel ring. Unfortunately it is a VERY common problem with Chanel. They will repair/replace it but it will probably happen again. They have so many problems with the crystal CC earrings. I gave up on them.

Hi ladies, Chanel newbie here. I bought a used Chanel in lambskin, with darkening on a couple of corners and a pen mark at the back. Should I send it to refurbish? Or cleaning only? Is it OK to take it to the Chanel counter at the nearest Neiman? Thanks!

Hi ladies, Chanel newbie here. I bought a used Chanel in lambskin, with darkening on a couple of corners and a pen mark at the back. Should I send it to refurbish? Or cleaning only? Is it OK to take it to the Chanel counter at the nearest Neiman? Thanks!

Is the condition that bad? Lambskin is a tricky one - just expect the bag to be noticibly more stiff if you refurbish it. I had a lambskin Chanel bag that I had redyed because of color transfer on it (remind me to never buy a white lambskin bag). It came out great, but I was bummed the texture of the leather was different.

As long as you're prepared for that, it's your choice. Chanel takes quite some time to repair/refurbish bags and is, in my opinion, quite costly.

You can try Factotum leather:

http://www.factotumleather.com/

They service many high end bags (they said the high-end stores that receive items to repair/refurbish from customers send them out to them) . Mine only cost $85 to re-color, including cleaning the inside (I opted to not have it cleaned on the inside, but I'm sure they do a great job). It took them less than the 4 weeks they promised, it was a great price, and my bag looked 100x better than before I brought it in. And they gave me a free non-Chanel dustbag :smile:

Thanks Jess! It's in good used condition, the color probably needs to be revived a bit. The inside is white but clean. I will contact Factotum Leather since I like that they're in California!

Is the condition that bad? Lambskin is a tricky one - just expect the bag to be noticibly more stiff if you refurbish it. I had a lambskin Chanel bag that I had redyed because of color transfer on it (remind me to never buy a white lambskin bag). It came out great, but I was bummed the texture of the leather was different.......

I agree I bought a stunning XL Vintage Jumbo / red lambskin that had been redyed...the color is amazing and I love it to death, but it is a bit stiff. Took a while to get over that.

Thanks Jess! It's in good used condition, the color probably needs to be revived a bit. The inside is white but clean. I will contact Factotum Leather since I like that they're in California!

No problem! Their prices are VERY reasonable, and like I said, big brands use them too (they told me that even Chanel sends things over there - but I'm assuming it's clothing).

I don't know what part of California you're in, but there's a Margaret's Cleaners in Newport (http://www.margarets.com/). That's the actual place I took it into, and they send their stuff out to Factotum, which is located in Laguna. Believe it or not, they quoted cheaper at Margaret's than Factotum even though they're sending it off to them, so if you're nearby... just take it in there.

It's neat that they have some before/after pictures of their bags on there too (not to mention they've trademarked "The Couture Cleaner"), but you'll find from browsing their site that they repair/refurbish stuff from Louis Vuitton, Neimans, Hermes, etc.

BTW, if anyone's interested in sending their bag there for a good 'ol fashioned spa treatment, they also allow customers to ship their things there and they'll send them on right back! :graucho:

hi, is it true that chanel boutiques don't accept chanel bags for repair/s if the owner does not or cannot present the authenticity card? i am planning to get a pre-owned PST but its authenticity card was lost, please advise thank you...

hi, does the chanel boutique require the owner to present the authenticity card before the handbag is accepted for repairs? i am planning to get a pre-owned chanel, unfortunately, the seller lost the authenticity card...