Exhilaration to Edgy to Tears & Loss

1. I haven't been posting much, because most of the time, I lurk around to read and attempt to appreciate the fineness of Hermes bags, and also to learn about them.

I don't know how to explain this but I am completely emotional right now and feel so sad. As it could probably be deduced, I have been on the prowl for a JPG Birkin and I thought my destiny to hug one is finally here. I was completely exhilarated. More importantly, it was in one of my 2 choice colours and not just any JPG. I now am giving up this chance to own one this week, which is why I am so emotional right now. It's like a part of me has died or something. I am of course surprised by my own reaction to this episode. I never thought anyone would be so passionate about a B-A-G, but now, I am beginning to understand how many of you live & breathe Hermes Birkins.

I think I am going into a mini bout of depression. :sad:
  2. I haven't come that close but I can imagine it is a huge disappointment. I am wondering what was the reason that you had to pass - perhaps that is more upsetting then the loss of the bag itself?
  3. Oh no! What happened (if its not too personal)!! I know exactly what this feels like btw! I have had to pass TWICE on one of my most favorite birkins of all because my husband bought a dental practice and would kill me if I made a purchase at that time (or right this second - as he is peering over my shoulder saying "Not that Purse website again!") LOL!!!

But if its one thing I have learned, there is always another birkin. I know it may not feel that way right now, but it will be worth the wait once the time is right! Sending a big hug!!!
  4. Im sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. May I ask why you are passing up this chance if you have waited so long?
  5. Aw, I am so sad to hear that you will not be getting your dream bag yet. Well, whatever the reason that you could not have your wishes come true this time, know that there is definitely another one out there and most likely, a better opportunity to own your dream bag. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and this may not have been the right time. In the meanwhile, you have us and we can live vicariously through each other! Cheer up, don't worry, your JPG will come to you before you know it ;)
  6. Thanks for your comforting words, ladies. I feel even more vulnerable now :crybaby:

If it is alright with all of you, I don't wish to spill the reasons why I am letting this bag go. It looks like a fabulous bag and someone may still have a chance to own it, so I do not wish to jeopardise that chance for the "to-be" buyer.

This is very much a learning process for me, and I just NEED to do it satisfactorily, a winner's way. I am not sure I am making any sense right now. :crybaby:
  7. No need to even go there! Just know that we can all relate and are here for you!
  8. I am so sorry you are going through a difficult time and I hope that you feel better soon. Don't stress about the bag, I know it doesn't seem like it now but another Birkin will come around when you are ready. I waited 20 years for my Kelly. When the time was right and I was ready to buy her she was waiting for me. The wait made my bag that much more special.
  9. :drinkup:
  10. I wish some kind soul would check with their beloved SAs to ask if there is a JPG Birkin lying around, buy it and sell to me!!! (wishful thinking)

I need to hit the gym right now. I hope getting away from this computer would do me some good. :sad:
  11. I'm so sorry mrssparkles. :sad: Hope you have a better night.
  12. Big hugs mrssparkles. There were times that I thought I'd never be able to own a Birkin for many different reasons. You never know what the future may hold. :smile:
  13. This may not help, but I think in some way we have all be in the position you are in right now, be it with a house, lover or handbag. Sometimes you have to surrender to the process, and what will be will be.
  14. I'm sorry you have to pass on the bag. However, there's always another day. Hang in there. There WILL be a bag of your dreams when you're ready. Until then hang with us and enjoy the pics and banter back and forth. I'm still waiting/wanting/pining for my first Birkin. You're not alone.
  15. Your bag is out there...enough said!