exchanges at saks? (pic)

thanks for all the encouragement everyone!! i was all ready for a battle to exchange the purse, but once i showed the bag to my s/a Pauline, she gave me the ok for an exchange. i was thrilled! no hassle or anything. There weren't any more jumbos left so i'd have to wait until their next shipment. She also told me that 3 other customers are waiting for an exchange due to the same problem! my my, and i thought it was just me. well, fingers crossed that the shipment of jumbos will come in soon!!

p.s. my s/a told me the prices of the GST and PST will go up tomorrow ;[

I pretty much agree with Roey...and further, my take on this would be i would definitely try to return it, but would tell them what happened. If the truth is told in earnest and nicely, sometimes the SAs (or department manager) end up doing all they can to help you -- not always, but it does happen .....for the prices we pay for these bags...to me, its outrageous for anything to happen within the first year (unless we are being careless or bag has been tossed around alot).
I have done that and the SA says "i am so sorry, of course we will exchange it" you owe it to yourself to try and just tell them sweetly "This is what happened to my bag, and I am shocked that a bag of such good quality had this happen to it, even if i used it a few times. Do you think you could allow me to exchange it?"

let us know what happens :smile:

thanks for all the encouragement everyone!! i was all ready for a battle to exchange the purse, but once i showed the bag to my s/a Pauline, she gave me the ok for an exchange. i was thrilled! no hassle or anything. There weren't any more jumbos left so i'd have to wait until their next shipment. She also told me that 3 other customers are waiting for an exchange due to the same problem! my my, and i thought it was just me. well, fingers crossed that the shipment of jumbos will come in soon!!

p.s. my s/a told me the prices of the GST and PST will go up tomorrow ;[

Glad to hear you can exchange the bag!
So sorry this has happened to you. You just don't expect this to happen with a bag you only had for a few weeks.
Unbelievable that 3 other customers had the same problem, also with the same bag as you?

Glad to hear you can exchange the bag!
So sorry this has happened to you. You just don't expect this to happen with a bag you only had for a few weeks.
Unbelievable that 3 other customers had the same problem, also with the same bag as you?

yes, they were all classic flaps! even my s/a herself said that it has happened to her jumbo too :wtf:

I pretty much agree with Roey...and further, my take on this would be i would definitely try to return it, but would tell them what happened. If the truth is told in earnest and nicely, sometimes the SAs (or department manager) end up doing all they can to help you -- not always, but it does happen .....for the prices we pay for these bags...to me, its outrageous for anything to happen within the first year (unless we are being careless or bag has been tossed around alot).
I have done that and the SA says "i am so sorry, of course we will exchange it" you owe it to yourself to try and just tell them sweetly "This is what happened to my bag, and I am shocked that a bag of such good quality had this happen to it, even if i used it a few times. Do you think you could allow me to exchange it?"

let us know what happens :smile:

all i had to tell my s/a was that i think the bag has a problem and once she saw it, she was very willing to exchange the purse for me. in fact, it came out of her mouth before mine. i will definitely look for her for my next purchase.

I am currently having a bag repaired by Nordy's. I don't know the model name but it had a large gold medallion hanging off of the zipper and the chain broke. I was given two options- to have the bag repaired by Nordy's within one week for $25 or to have the bag repaired by Chanel which would take at least 6 weeks and cost $160. I did not want to be without my bag for such a length of time (and I was so nervous about potential loss in shipment) so I opted for Nordy's to do the repair. Other people have mentioned that Chanel would repair for free? Is that correct? I will have to ask my SA again. My feeling about exchange is that I am totally against it. I worked at Neiman's for two years and they will take items back as a customer service to their clients but it ends up raising the cost for everyone as they have to write it off as a loss. The bag has been used so have it repaired.