Exchanged mono speedy 25 for mono ALMA!

1. Hi,everybody.I made a post recently to help me decide on my new purchase---i bought mono speedy 25 and was thinking to exchange it for 30.So today i went to the store to try both bags on one more time to compare and finally decide .Well,i just love the 25 but on me it looked a little bit small,and 30 is a little bit big,because i dont carry too much stuff in my bag,so i made an unexpected exchange----i purchased mono alma!!!!!!!So right now this is oficially my new and first LV bag---mono alma!!i am very happy!!!But i still lwant mono speedy 25---but i think i will get it in azur later on!!!;)
    What you guys think about mono alma????>And i have a second question---i forgot to ask SA why you cant take out mono bag in the rainy weather???Can you guys explain please??Thank you. and excuse my english---this is my second language:shame:

2. you can't? i do...???
  3. You CAN, some people just don't because of the untreated vachetta leather on the handles and the bottom. The water can make it tan faster, but I've really never had that problem.
    But congrats, it's a great bag!
  4. The SA was probably referring to the vachetta leather bottom of the Alma purse. The leather is untreated, therefore, if you get drops of water on it, it will stain. It takes a while to develop the patina (going from white to darker tan) but it will eventually happen when exposing your bag to air, sunlight, ect.
  5. tell me about it. some stupid person at work spilled water on the thing everyone kept our bags on while at work and my poor audra spent 6+ hours SITTING in water. i was FURIOUS but figured i could only be mad at myself for bringing my bag in. i don't anymore. but it stained it and then i took it out in the rain another day and where rain drops landed it made it lighter again? so weird. maybe one day i will have those parts replaced. drives me NUTS sometimes.
  6. The alma is a classic. CongratZ!
  7. Congrats on the exchange. Alma is very classic.
  8. Congrats! The Alma was my first bag too.
  9. Congrats on making the smart choice! ;)
  10. Congrats, the Alma is beautiful. Cant go wrong with a mono Alma - its really a timeless & classic bag!