Exchange/Return policy in SAKS for Chanel?

Hi Ladies,

After reading some of the threads here it really concerns me about how some people are trying to return used bags. I just recently received my shipment of the Classic Jumbo Flap from Saks in Beverly Hills. My handbag has the authenticity card and the tag is attached but how can I tell if my bag is brand new and not a return? Does anyone know if Saks would take back bags that are in sellable condition and still have tags but have been cut off? Would they re-attach the tags and re-sell the bags? I am very particular and would not be very happy if my bag is a return. So someone please let me know if they are familiar with Saks return policy.

I can not believe that SA at saks 5th AVe name..... tell me a lie.

I bought the bag(Black cavier Jumbo silver chain) 3 wks ago and not even use it with a recieve.
I came to the store and ask that I can return the bag or not.The SA told me I can only exchange it not return !!!
(I didn't buy a bag with him though)
I was in doubt so I go back to the store 5 mins later to ask somebody again..and I found the good SA.. told me that I can always return the bag I have 30 days to doing so..

The reason for return(someone bought the same bag for me and could'nt return it anymore so I have to return this one)
I thought of exchange but I don't know what to get now so I need to return first before I couldn't and then might get the new one afterrrr

When people say I can still return it if the tags are still on, is the tag supposed to be attached on my bag with some plastic thing? Because when I got my bag it didnt have a tag attached to it, the SA just placed a tag one of the pockets after i paid for it.

Maybe you all can either talk sense into me or offer me a suggestion. Back in late May I purchased an 11A Dark Silver Reissue 227. I took it out of the box once to admire a few days after I bought it and then took it out today. I am having total buyer's remorse. I think that I just feel for the money that I spent, it is seriously lacking quality when I compare it to my recently purchased Caviar WOC and my one other caviar bag from 2007. THe leather seems so light and almost cardboard feeling and the flap has a serious crease in it. This may be my fault for letting it store in the box for a couple months(???). Maybe I just need to break it in? I'm not sure but I purchased it at Saks and know that typically their return policy is 30 days. Is there any chance that they extend it for larger purchases like this? It still has the tags on it so it is quite obviously unused. I'm feeling so mad at myself. I even went home and thought about the purchase for days before making the leap. I just have this sinking feeling in my stomach. Meanwhile, I've been using my new WOC of three weeks up a storm so that tells me something…..Advice? Thoughts?

I recently sold my colored gently used WOC on ebay for 90% the price I bought it and it was a year old. If Saks won't accept the return at least you can recover most of the cost by auctioning it off.

I don't think Saks standard policy applies to Chanel, at least that's what an SA told me. If all the tags are still there and you have the receipt, they may still take it back.

Best way is to exchange it for something else. With the tags on, I would expect they would do that because Saks is not out any sales. If you are a premium Saks First memeber, for sure then.

So, you may want to think about another bag you want to buy and then just in there saying you want an exchange instead of a return. A pure return will be hard to swallow unless you are Premier member.

I think you can still return or exchange it. I recently just made an exchange at Saks and it was definitely more than 30 days. If you have a good relationship with your SA I dont think it will be a problem, plus you spent big bucks on the bag, they should be able to accomodate you. Goodluck!

annechinky said:
I think you can still return or exchange it. I recently just made an exchange at Saks and it was definitely more than 30 days. If you have a good relationship with your SA I dont think it will be a problem, plus you spent big bucks on the bag, they should be able to accomodate you. Goodluck!

I have returned a Chanel bag after 30 days with tags on and no questions. It was maybe 45 days.

Thanks Ladies. Unfortunately, I leave for a four day conference tomorrow, but as soon as I get back, I am going to go to Saks. I'd like to return it and possibly buy something else that I am interested in, but it would be at half the price point. We'll see how it goes. I pulled the bag out a second time tonight and while i like the aesthetic of it, the quality still just doesn't seem to justify $5300 plus tax. Not sure why I am just realizing this now. I think I was caught up in the moment in May and the supposed looming price increase.

Hi, Does anyone one know what SAKS return/exchange policy is for Chanel unused classic flap? I've purchased my first caviar Jumbo a year ago and realized that I probably won't be carrying it anytime soon or will be carrying it often. I'd like to return it for another Chanel handbag instead. TIA

Hi, Does anyone one know what SAKS return/exchange policy is for Chanel unused classic flap? I've purchased my first caviar Jumbo a year ago and realized that I probably won't be carrying it anytime soon or will be carrying it often. I'd like to return it for another Chanel handbag instead. TIA

Technically it is 30 days. I think the receipt says 30 days or you will be credited at the then existing price, which for Chanel is usually the same price for a classic that doesn't go on sale. However, I have been able to return a new with tags bag past that time. It was probably around 60 days and they were able to allow the return. After a year, I don't know if they would take it back. You should ask your SA.

Technically it is 30 days. I think the receipt says 30 days or you will be credited at the then existing price, which for Chanel is usually the same price for a classic that doesn't go on sale. However, I have been able to return a new with tags bag past that time. It was probably around 60 days and they were able to allow the return. After a year, I don't know if they would take it back. You should ask your SA.

Hi G&Smommy, thanks for getting back to me. I think I have a slim chance of returning/exchanging it. Let's me work up an encouragement to ask my SA about it. :smile:

Hi G&Smommy, thanks for getting back to me. I think I have a slim chance of returning/exchanging it. Let's me work up an encouragement to ask my SA about it. :smile:

They won't do it. One of the reasons are clothing and bags pick up scents from peoples homes, and don't smell fresh. They would have to put bag on sale to legally sell it.