Everyone has one, but what is it?

1. Since joining this forum I've been checking out what bags other people in the street are carrying, and I noticed that there is a particular bag that almost everyone has here (in the south of France). In one day I see some variation of this bag at least 10 times, but I have no idea what brand it is.

It's a medium-sized, square-shaped canvas bag with brown leather handles and a brown leather flap that closes over a zipper. I've seen several different colors on the canvas part, but the handles and flap seem to always be brown. There is a logo carved into the leather flap, but I haven't been able to see it clearly (I'm afraid people are going to start thinking I'm scoping out their purse to steal it if I keep staring at the flap trying to see the logo :nuts: ).

I find the bag very boring, which is why I am so perplexed at seeing it on the arm of every other person on the street. Do any of you have an idea of what bag it might be?

2. Are you sure the bottom is canvas? I'm thinking you may be seeing the Longchamp tote. The bottom is nylon, and the handles and flap are always brown... and the logo is embossed on the flap.

Yes, they are everywhere!

3. I believe it's a Longchamp. Someone recently posted that everyone in France seems to carry these. Check out the tote section at their site:
    Longchamp EN

4. Yep, I looked, and it's a "Le Pliage" handbag (although the ones on the website look much nicer than the ones I see on the street--they must not hold up well).

I guess it was obvious, but I couldn't figure it out and it was driving me crazy. Thanks for your help!

That's one bag to put on my "never buy this" list. Way too ubiquitous and boring. :yucky: