Everyday Purse Essentials

My Furla Lillium's actually looking a little empty lately. :shame:

I always carry my keys, cell phone, Nano, pocket moleskine, a paperback, sunglasses, two handkerchiefs, mints, and my tri-fold wallet. Then there's the big mama -- a LeSportsac triple zip containing: hand cream, band aids, feminine stuff, blotting paper, mascara, white eyeliner and eyedrops; plus two pencils, an eraser, page tabs, black pen, highlighter (for when I don't feel like hauling my backpack to class).

Some days I carry an umbrella? :shrugs: I pale in comparison to you ladies -- I'm too much of a wimp for shoes and groceries.

What do i carry?
Wallet
phone
keys
cheque book in holder
Agenda
small purse with sanitary products
pencil case- with pens, swiss army knife, mini maglite, nurofen in it!
Buff head band thing ( v useful !)
and when with kids- packets of wipes, nappy for toddler and spare change of trousers
and sometimes bottle of water.

think that's about it!

I carry:
keys
Sidekick
GUM!!! (must have...along with floss)
lip balm
at least one pen and pencil
my lock and nametag for work (if I take them out, i'll forget to put them back in)
I usually have my agenda with me
my "emergency" pouch with mini deodorant, mirror, tylenol, etc

If i'm going to be out for a long time and might have a break, i'll take a magazine or my DS to pass the time. I also like to have at least a small snack (even if it's just a candy bar) just in case I don't get the chance to eat...or if it's a long time before I can head home to have lunch/dinner/whatever.

I always carry:
my big zip-around wallet
agenda
camera (you never know!)
cell phone
ipod
gum
sunglasses/eyeglasses
a good book
a bottle of water
a pen or two
concealer
hand lotion
mascara
lipgloss
car keys

some days i'll add in an umbrella or my notebooks if i'm going to class. hence why i love big bags! :smile:

I carry loads of stuff: large wallet, agenda, cell phone, ipod, huge key ring, make-up, tampons, advil, pens, a book, and usually way too many old receipts. I hate leaving the house feeling unprepared!

I don't like to overstuff my bags, but I generally have:

wallet
keys
cell
pens
wristlet or pochette with lipgloss, mascara, etc
mirror
small bottle of water
sunnies
iPod
camera (maybe)
...sometimes I put my Filofax in my bag during my commute to work if I'm carrying a larger tote, otherwise I carry it in my other hand.

My essentials are mirror, small comb, pad & pen, oil blotter sheets (oily skin :sad:) wallet, feminine products, TidetoGo pen, some type of breath freshener (gum/mints) and cell.

I carry waaaay too much stuff. Everyone's always shocked how heavy my bag is. I have:

camera/ipod/PDA (these probably make up the bulk of the weight in my bag)
wallet
reusable fold-up tote
tissues
cell
keys
business card case
pouch filled with beauty/random items (e.g. pillbox, lipgloss, lotion, sunscreen)
sunglasses
pen & notepad

I always carry
wallet,
cell phone
make up bag (pen, floss, lip care, lipstick, ibuprofen, my meds)
keys
a book
so I actually prefer big bags even though my stuff would fit in a medium bag. I love the extra space and the way my bags slouches when they're not totally full.

Hello all, I was just rearranging my LV Speedy 30 today and I happened to notice that I carry absolutely nothing in such a big bag. The most I have are my pochette, lip gloss, feminine products, cell phones, money and my credit cards...lol
Obviously there is no reason why I should be carrying such a big bag but whatever. :shame:

So my question is, what do you gals (and guys) consider must have, bag essentials to be? Im thinking that maybe I should carry a comb and a small mirror or something, but that's all I can think of. Anyone?

I'm aware that there is a thread to post what's inside your bag but Im interested in everyone's opinions. Also, if there is another thread like this feel free to LOCK, I couldn't find anything in the search. :graucho:

Generally I have my wallet, sunnies/case, couch makeup case with small items( hand wipes, pen, med's, eye drops, gum) cell phone, keys,writing book
then on the weekends, b/f's wallet, keys, cell.
Now that its getting colder out I also have my gloves in there.

Most days I have my crossbody (10" x 10"):

-large sunglasses case for RayBan Highstreets (i think that is the name)
-Coach multifunction wallet (primary)
-Buxton credit card case (secondary for specialty stores)
-Treo
-Maybelline Define A Lash, Burts Bees Shimmer and BB Lip Balm, CG compact, Revlon Velvet Scarlet (no pouch)
-Epi pen Jr.
-Altoids chewing gum tin
-packet of tissues

When I take my Coach satchel out (which is roughly the size of your LV Speedy), it will also include:

-purse hook
-extra mirror
-large Express cosmetic bag (brushes and pencils)
-camera
-cell phone holder
-Moleskine alpha notebook
-1 eyeshadow compact each of Dior and Chanel (tho rarely used!)
-occassionally Adrienne Vittadini scarf
(contents always changing)

Usually I just have a small bag with: keys, phone, tiny wallet, agenda, hair clip or elastic, pen, medicine/feminine stuff if needed, lipstick, mirror, gum, trial-size hand cream, handkerchief, tissues, wet wipes.

If I'll be out a lot, like running errands, I'll carry a larger bag and add sunscreen, sunglasses, a water bottle, an umbrella, a shopping bag, a book and leave extra room for a hat, a scarf, or small purchases.