Ever regret buying a beauty product?

1. The one beauty product I regret buying is Lamer. I've heard a lot of good things about it so I decided to try it. I bought the entire skin care line and it was a complete waste of money. I broke out like crazy. I had these weird rashes on my face. Ugh!

How about you? Ever regret buying a beauty product?

2. OMG I have a draw full of regrets! The worst tho was from BeautiControl-I bought the whole line cause I liked what it did when I tried it but 2 days later I was covered in such dark red splotches I could not cover it and I ended up at the dr's and with steroid cream it disappeared after abut 2 weeks. I have heard LaMer is overrated.

3. biotherm cleanser and moisturizer - made my face dry as a bone and kind of red and itchy. most places are good about taking stuff back that you have a bad reaction to, but i lost my reciept for this stuff or back it would have gone.

4. Lip Venom~ My lips were on FIRE, Hated it

5. Oohh. I love LipVenom!!!

I hated Yonka's moisturizing creams. My skin's ridiculous. I've gone through Darphin, La Mer, Sisley, Yonka, Guinot, Kiehl's, Prescriptives, La Mer (with some successes), Clinique, Lauder, Dr. Hauschka, Peter Thomas Roth, Murad, Fresh, Bliss, Philosophy, Juice Beauty.. blah blah blah.. the list goes on.

Right now? I use the Yonka Eye cream, Origins Microdermabrasion (Rice thing) scrub, and a moisturizer and cleanser from my dermatologist. That's all that goes on Chestnut's face. That and loads and loads of sunscreen :smile:

6. I have LipVenom. Doesn't do much for me but I like the taste. I then bought LipFusion because I heard it works better. It didn't work for me at all, so that went back a few days ago.

All in all, I think I've tossed more stuff than I have used over the years.

7. Watch out for anything with IDEBENONE in it - I ended up first with a hideous rash and then with a steroid shot!!

8. I agree about the La Mer. Did you take it back? If it caused a reaction or breakout, you can take it back. Especially for those prices. :oh:

9. who did you buy it from. because some stores, if you react to the product they take it back.i think the product company has to keep tract of reactions etc.

i use lamer but only certain of their products. the eye cream and the moisturizing oil absorbing lotion.

10. I LOVE La Mer! It is fantastic for me and I have a lot of La Mer stuff. The only things from La Mer that I have not liked are the eye balm and the serum. I love the concentrate though.

As for beauty products I've regretted, theres guinot, some chanel, clinique, elemis, some bliss, gatineu, philosophy, origins, benefit...to name but a few! :rolleyes:

11. I spent too much on Mary Kay which I bought from a friend a few years ago when she was out of work and doing this to make some extra cash and keep networking. Maybe I unconsciously did it to help her out. I liked some of the stuff but some of the other tubes of stuff and creams (can't even remember what they were) were too bothersome and I would keep finding them in a drawer thinking hmmm I should use that stuff, I spent a lot on it, but eventually threw it out.

12. Yeah-- all the time- that's why I try to buy everything from Nordy's!

13. I've been disappointed with the following:
    *ProActive
    *LaPrairie Skin Cavier Luxe Cream
    *Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion In A Jar
    *N.V. Perricone Pore Refining Cleanser

Surprisingly, I :heart: Creme De La Mer. I never break out from it, nor does it make my skin oily/greasy. A little goes a long way. I've tried other suggested "similar" items, but they made me break out or my face oily.

14. Same here!

15. Any lip plumper seems to turn my lips a hideous scarlet purple with angry red lines coming from my lips.:push: