Ever have "friends" that took you for granted?

1. I had this big fight with this friend of mine yesterday... long story short, I helped her with a class for an exam coming up, she blamed me for not giving her the class notes fast enough! (I guess she expected me to deliver them to her door!) I have done nothing but helped her in that class (she skipped half of those lectures!) I tried to be a nice friend and let her have the syllabus and class notes etc. But she TOOK ME FOR GRANTED! :rant:

Sorry for venting, but I need some kind words to get over this, so I can concentrate on studying for the same final!! :yes: WISH ME LUCK!
  2. No good deed goes unpunished. Good luck on the final and finding a new friend that does not treat you like :censor:
  3. Wow that is one of my biggest pet peevs... I will give and give and give, but when I am taken for granted and walked all over, I get so angry!!! Sorry to hear about this.. but karma will come back. Next time she needs anything you can say no and watch her wallow...
  4. Ohhhh yes!! It happens frequently with a certain friend of mine, we get in a fight, and then make up and all is well again. She's one of my best friends, and has been for 13 years now.
  5. ^ wow, story of my life. Except us, it's been 11 I think. :p

But she sooooooo takes me for granted. Sometimes it makes me want to get violent about it... it's SO frustrating!
  6. I sure have and I have kicked them to the curb:noworry:
  7. Ditto.
  8. I've been taken forgranted by a couple of friends. Once someone does something to me that I know I would never do to them, I just move on. I leave it and them in the past. It would be too hard for me any other way. And I truely believe that you reap what you sow. So, I always try to be a good friend and person cause it just isn't worth it when it comes back to you.
  9. Yes, but they are no longer in my life!
  10. Been there, done that and am there right now. I just continue to do stuff I always do for them like leave them notes and give them nice birthday gifts even when they think I've withdrawn from them so they stop interacting with me. I just find happiness in helping others and giving small things to them without expecting anything in return. Life's too short to worry on those things.
  11. Absolutely! I am a nurturer by nature and I tend to try to take care of everyone around me. The problem is that in the long run, there isn't anyone to take care of me! There are times when I feel like I am everyone's personal door mat. I have gotten far better than how I used to be and have cut a lot of those people out of my life.

Right now is the perfect example. I had surgery last Wednesday and am not able to do much to take care of myself. I ALWAYS go out of my way to help a friend in need and have any of those so-called friends even phoned to see how I am doing? Heck no. :mad: Thankfully, my wonderful husband has been taking good care of me!:love:
  12. Hey Twinkie, hope you're having a nice post-surgery recovery! I'm sure your DH is taking great care of you!

Thanks for sharing y'all! I'm over it now :rolleyes: I'm always the nice friend that just can't say no to people *sigh*... reading all these posts really help! :yes:
  13. Actually, I feel the same way about your post. It happened to me last year too, when I had surgery... only TWO of my friends came to visit and see how I was doing.. I feel your frustration... I hope you're doing better, and I'm glad to see your husband has taken care of you:love:

You know, come to think about it, I have a verryyyy good, RECENT example of being taken advantage of. I did all of our long maths project BY myself this weekend. It took me 20 hours. Just because the other girl didn't bother calling me and I told her I was working on this all weekend. She knew I was just gonna do it anyway (because I REALLY need to bring up my grade). What a b:censor: huh? Just because I need to work well to bring up my grades, she's taking it for granted that I was gonna work, so she didnt even bother to help :mad:

I wish I could give the paper without putting her name on it, but if I do that, I think I'm gonna spend the rest of the summer in the hospital... but that's another story :hrmm::noworry: Let's just say I haven't been lucky this time... :hrmm:
  14. ^^ If I were you, I'll talk to your professor about it, privately. I wouldn't let her slide by (at my expense) that easily!! :rant: