Ever fallen in love with a bag you never thought you would?

For me theres a few things I NEVER thought I would like about Bal.

1. First time I saw GH I didnt even know it had come out because I had been on a purse ban for 6 months (I didnt dare come near this forum) I was walking through Holts and saw a GGH French Blue Brief and I friggen gasped. I thought it was the most hideous thing I had ever seen and couldnt believe Bal had "sold out" and gone all blingy. Lo and behold, a few months later I had in my posession my first GH bag, a Natural Brief with GGH and LOVED it. It was my favorite Bal and got compliments galore. It may just have been the shocking combo that threw me off. at first Now a year later, I am in love with SGH and am totally obsessed with it.

2. The Day. My first impression was that it was "frumpy". Then I went through the entire "Day Club" thread and found I couldnt stop thinking about it. Now my SGH Black Day is my all time favorite casual bag. I wish I could have all colours in the Day style, just for those casual days.

3. Lastly, first time I ever tried the twiggy I thought it was AWFUL! It was my first Bal I was trying and ended up with the First instead. A year later I ended up with 3 twiggies and found they were not only was it more versatile than the city, they were flattering too! (Im short) I have since converted back to the City as my fave but I will always have a place in my heart for those twiggies.:heart:

Oh, and for one more future convert I think Iwill deal with is the Part Time. Never thought twice about this style when it first came out. Now, after trying on a GGH Petal Pink Part Time, i cant stop thinking about this style! I cant wait for my first one, it may replace the city for me.

OMG :nuts: willowsmom - your sweet little daughter rocks this acqua Hobo, she's so cute :tender:! THANK YOU all for the fantastic pics :drool: !!

I myself never thought I'd ever buy a Work bag ... I thought it's too big for me :rolleyes:! BUT now - I've totally changed my mind and my bbag-collection and I've 4 Works instead of a few Purses, Cities, Days and I want some more Works PLEEAAAAAASE :yes:;):tup:

I never thought I would repeat a color or style....2 blacks (work and city) and 2 cities (black and red)...and will probably end up with more than 1 Work because I love it so...

I used to think the city was a bit big and the Work was humongous...wow how times have changed!

I love hearing about everyone's "conversions" - LOL! and thanks to all for sharing the pics of their gorgeous bags! I think it goes to show you that with bbags, you can never say "never"!

Actuallly, I didn't care for Balenciaga--period!

I bought a blue first about three years ago mostly because I was curious about all the hub-bub. It came Fedex from Aloha Rag and I literally opened the box, looked at it, sealed it up, and sent it right back--the very same day!!

I was a big Marc Jacobs fan and have two Hermes and Bal seemed so unsubstantial.

Fast forward three years and I have two Days and a Part Time. I got fed up with the heaviness of MJ bags and the formality of Hermes. Bal is refreshingly light weight and just a fun bag.