Event Horizon

1. Has anyone seen this movie? Here's a synopsis from IMDB:

In the year 2047 a group of astronauts are sent to investigate and salvage the long lost starship "Event Horizon". The ship disappeared mysteriously 7 years before on its maiden voyage and with its return comes even more mystery as the crew of the "Lewis and Clark" discover the real truth behind its disappearance and something even more terrifying.

Unfortunately, one cannot elaborate on the synopsis without spoiling the story, but I really think that this film is worth watching. I'm an astronomy buff, so anything that has to do with Black Hole, wormholes, time-travel, alternate universe, etc always interests me. However, this is a very creative take on horror and space in one movie.

The only thing I want to complain about is that this film has SO MUCH potential and so many things that they can work with, yet they fell short. It really could've been much better. Anyways, go watch the film. If anything, it's definitely different!

One last thing, do NOT go to the "Event Horizon" page on IMDB if you don't want to be spoiled. This is ONE film that should not be spoiled.
  2. i liked this film but i agree with you that it fell short of expectations. that said, there are some really startling images in it which as a horror film buff i thought were excellent. i thought the best part however was how they left certain things to your imagination. that just made things more horrifying. :shocked: ok i'll shut up now! no spoilers here.

on another note, don't you think sam neill seems to be playing the same type of role over and over again lately? his character here seems like the prototype for his character in the "bermuda triangle".
  3. :huh: this movie scared me so much!! It was a good movie though.
  4. It was an intense movie. Parts didn't make sense.