Even though I'm supposed to be on a purse ban...

1. Hi everyone!

So, I'm thinking about saving for my very first Chanel. I'm of the opinion that if I'm going to be spending a chunk of change (hehe), I should be able to find something to wear that fits my personality and lifestyle. I'm not very familiar with all the styles, so I thought that I would ask everyone for some help :smile: .

I am looking for something on the "larger" side, so that I can put a lot into it and use it rather often. So, something that is definitely durable. I also tend to like more "classic" looking bags versus trendy. I would prefer something with a zipper, but will consider other styles, and preferably something that will go over my shoulder. I really like the Cabas (the earlier version), but figure it's a little difficult to find that now.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2. I would say a Grand Shopping Tote is a good option. It has 3 compartments (a zipped compartment in the middle). It is very roomy and it's also a classsic bag. It's great for everyday because it comes in caviar which is very durable.

A classic jumbo flap in caviar is also a good choice.

Good luck finding your first Chanel bag!

3. with your preferences i would go for luxury line ;)
    it's roomy, with zipper, on shoulder yet classy :heart: :love:

4. When I started looking (I was supposed to be on a purse ban, too, incidentally), I started in the reference thread. I looked at the different lignes, and looked for bags that would fit the profile I was looking for. When I saw a bag I thought looked to be a good fit, I pm'd members with certain questions that were not addressed in the reference posts...for example, number of inner compartments, or pouches. At least it would give you somewhere to start.

I have 3 tote-ish bags from Chanel. The Cloudy Bundle has either a drawstring or a magnetic snap closure. The Vintage Ligne tote has a zipper. And the Baby Cabas has a magnetic snap closure. ALOT of people love that Grand Shopping Tote, so you might want to take a peek at that one. I have not seen it irl, so I am no help with that!

I'll be interested to see what you end up with!