Evan Rachel Wood: Standing Up for "The Freaks" {Manson}

1. Usmagazine.com
    Tuesday August 14, 2007

Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood at the opening of Manson's art gallery in Los Angeles, CA. October 31, 2006.
    John Shearer/WireImage.com
    Despite receiving consistently glowing reviews since her breakthrough role in the movie Thirteen, actress Evan Rachel Wood is better known these days for who she dates: Marilyn Manson.

19-year-old Wood, who stars and sings in the upcoming Beatles rock opera Across the Universe, opens up to GQ about that boyfriend of hers, their sexy video, and this pivotal time in her life. Read on for details!:

On being with Manson:
    “I was so shy, painfully shy, for so long. For the first time, I really feel like I’m around somebody and in an environment where I can just let go and not worry about being judged.”

On the couple's domestic life:
    “He snores louder than anybody I have ever heard! I think it’s the sweetest thing ever. It actually lulls me to sleep. But he puts Geppetto to shame...It’s every snore you’ve ever heard, rolled into one...Manson’s going to kill me.”

On the making the music video for Manson's song "Heart-Shaped Glasses," in which they are rumored to have had intercourse:
    "We made it for each other. I just wanted to show that it’s okay to have different, weird ideas about romance. At the end of the video, we’re kissing and it’s raining blood—and for me, that was one of the most romantic moments of my entire life....If somebody can watch it and say, “Wow! I feel less weird now!” then that’s great. Somebody’s got to stand up for the freaks!

On her new movie, Across the Universe:
    “I think it’s some of the most personal acting I’ve ever done, because I’m more aware of myself now. Before, I didn’t realize how therapeutic acting was for me—how much of myself I was letting out.”

On people worrying about her and her personal life:
    “I’m really just being me and growing up. And I’m sorry if I have blond hair and blue eyes and my boyfriend looks like a vampire. What do you want me to do about it?”
  2. Betcha a dollar his loud snoring is the result of a deviated septum from all the coke he snorts...
  3. Money buys you anything.......
  4. homewrecker.

go team Von Teese! lol.
  5. right on!
  6. OK that is really scary LOL. They seem like the perfect pair for each other!
  7. He's incredibly gross to me. Why does she suddenly look like his ex wife?
  8. ^^ITA. She's trying to be a blonde Dita and failing miserably.
  9. aw, I liked Dita so much more!
  10. Is it just me or does it seem like she's dating him to rebel? It's like "look at me, I can date a complete dumbass who's weird for the sake of being weird. I'm so cool. Are you judging me? Wait...OMG, did you say Hot Topic was having a sale???"
  11. Charles, ITA:yes:

Seems more like a lost little girl in awe of the rock star than a "soul mate".
    Dita was too good for this guy anyhow.
  12. Ugh, I agree.
  13. This is disturbing to me because she is so young!
    The video of his she stars in is all about being reckless and very sexual and um, she dies or something.
    I think if this love is so natural then why are you explaining and exploiting it?
  14. Weren't they actually having sex in the video? I saw the clip and it looks pretty . . . um . . . realistic.
  15. I guess people can't see past his looks. Through reading articles and washing live interviews with him, I've come to realize that Marilyn Manson is incredibly intelligent but it seems not so much in the love department but then again, so have many smart men/women before him. Rachel Evan Woods seems to be going through this period of rebellion like Charles said. I wonder if Manson is just indulging her.