Etoupe Birkin... your opinions and share your pics plse?

I already have had a major change of heart!

I walked past an Etoupe Birkin 35 in the display case (for sale) at a H boutique last year, and regretted it ever since!

I've asked my SA about the possibility of getting an Etoupe soon, so we'll see what happens. She said it would suit me far more than Gold or any other non-black neutral.

Good for you, HermesFSH! I've passed on several Etoupe bags in the last few years and now I'm starting to regret it--just slightly. ;)

Good luck!

Good luck to you too! :biggrin:

Etoupe isn't one of those "wow that's a gorgeous colour" type of colour to me. I think its simple understated elegance creeps up on you. It looks "just right" when I see it, probably because it's so versatile and goes with so much. It's taken me a while to truly appreciate it. :smile:

I totally agree, HermesFSH. At first I felt that the color washed me out too much as I have fair skin but I might have to actually try one on the next time I'm at the boutique. It's such a great neutral. Keep us posted!

White linen with Etoupe Togo 35cm Birkin.........the perfect summer uniform.
Etoupe is a lovely colour......no doubt about it.

Attachments

• P1200968b.jpg
    P1200968b.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 611
  • P1200970a.jpg
    P1200970a.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 485
OMG I am so confused and torn LOL I started out thinking it would be a black for my first...then I saw the chocolate and that made me think and now this OMG love it too.

What would you ladies pick out of the three for my first? It has to go with a lot and I am light skin tone yellow undertone with very dark hair.

Dear Ive_flipped, my cousin whose is a die-hard Chanel fan; whose been thinking that she will never buy another Birkin because it's crazy to spend so much money on a bag(that was before she started talking to me about H bags) just got her first Birkin last week! an Etoupe 35cm Birkin!! And she couldn't be happier!
But if you plan to use it everyday with a new baby and living in Canada(?), I suggest the black one first. You will get more use out of it.

Last edited:
I have a black birkin, but I find that my Etoupe is my "go to" everyday bag!
It just goes with everything and is perfect for summer or winter. I have heard
SA's talking and they agree the Etoupe is the perfect all year color!
attachment.php
I agree ArchMama, it is so pretty with white linen!

Attachments

• etoupepartial.jpg
    etoupepartial.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,088
Thanks Avril! :smile:
love your avatar pic!

Ah thanks! He's our doggy - a Newfoundland and is just the nicest doggy in the world :heart:

OMG I am so confused and torn LOL I started out thinking it would be a black for my first...then I saw the chocolate and that made me think and now this OMG love it too.

What would you ladies pick out of the three for my first? It has to go with a lot and I am light skin tone yellow undertone with very dark hair.

ETOUPE ETOUPE ETOUPE ETOUPE ETOUPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say etoupe?! :biggrin:

My second choice then would be the black.

I have a black birkin, but I find that my Etoupe is my "go to" everyday bag!
It just goes with everything and is perfect for summer or winter. I have heard
SA's talking and they agree the Etoupe is the perfect all year color!
attachment.php
I agree ArchMama, it is so pretty with white linen!

Oh wow, gorgeous again! Etoupe is just so fabulous. I can't wait to get mine, hey pamella - is that togo or clemence?

For a neutral color, most people go for etoupe or gold. It's also a nice color as a first purchase. My first birkin is an etoupe 30 in togo with PHW and I gravitate towards it, despite my growing collection.

Etoupe is a strange color to explain. Some people love it, some don't. When I first saw mine, I heart skipped a beat. I hope you feel the same way when you see yours.