Essential Closet Staples - what is yours?

Lol this person reminds me of my grandmother except way, way WAY more old fashioned.

I find it hard to believe that many people change their clothes this much unless they are a Royal and even that is pushing it ( she talks about morning, mid morning and afternoon outfits)

My staples for errands and dog walking:
Juicy sweatsuits, Uggs and tanks/ tees
Branded Yoga pants and hoodies
A lightweight jacket.

Staples for typical day at Uni or casual outings:
J brand, Guess or R&R jeans.
flat leather knee high boots
A nice sweater
Long scarf
Leather Jacket or Cashmere peacoat depending on the amount of rain

Evenings out:
Betsey Johnson, Marciano or other such dress
Black mini skirts or short shorts paired with a dressy top
CL heels
Chanel or LV handbag

Hi girls :smile:

I graduated high school this year and realized afterwards that my style has changed a lot! I went through all my clothes (which was a crazy ammount of stuff i hardly wore) and hated most of it and didn't fit them anymore either. I also redid a lot of my bedroom. I guess i just grew up and so did my style!

So my question is what is the fool proof recipe of a classy wardrobe? I know most ladies on here are rather wealthy but i just landed my first job and am only working two days a week until we relocate (long story), so i don't have much money to splurge on a wardrobe makeover - but i have time!

Any suggestions would be awesome :biggrin:

It really depends of your personal style! And I guess you are super young so don't want to drown you with older boring stuff lol!
I remember the classic young women at school...I'd say if u want to go fror classic : a pair of well fitted black trousers, a pair of well fitted dark denim jeans, white shirts/tshirts, angora wool grey or black jumper, a cute blazer. That oozes of classe. Most important is the fit, not the price tag. Look into materials that looks like quality : wool over acrylic for jumper/sweater. Cotton is fine but needs ironing...my mum always said polyester doesn't wrinkle as much (for skirts and trousers)

I would go into stores you like and try everything on that appeals to you even a little bit. You'll develop an eye for materials and fit that way. Also look at fashion blogs to see what you like. There is a fashion blog suggestion thread around here somewhere. Also look at outfit of the day OOTD thread.

I started in boutiques for my work wardrobe. Now work has become more casual, so I love gap. Not everything works for me there, but here is a lot to try on. For work (trousers and blazers) I liked Ann Taylor. A lot of people like Forever 21 and H&M, but they have too much inventory for me. Not sure about their quality.

You don't have to buy anything - just try things on to figure out what you like. I have a casual black pencil skirt which I love, fitted blue jeans, nude pumps (if you'll wear them), black booties, nice tee shirts in white, black, heather gray & navy, a black leather jacket. Then some nicer tops that you love. Then accessories that you love: scarves or jewelry. It just depends what you will use.

Blazers and jackets are definitely my biggest wardrobe essential! Once you have the basics (great jeans/black trousers and t-shirts) they're super easy to wear and scream classy.

They don't have to be expensive - ideally, I'd buy only Isabel Marant jackets, but I'm a student and those definitely don't fit into my budget. I love Zara for jackets, but H&M has been getting a lot of cute ones too as of late!

I just made a list of my essentials, maybe it can be of some inspiration :smile: I'm 23 and have a pretty classic style.

1. Black/beige trenchcoat
2. Boucle jackets (Isabel Marant Etoile has amazing jackets like: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...erMemoCode=women&CategoryId=&SubLineMemoCode=)
3. Leather jacket

4. T-shirts in black, white, grey
5. White loose shirt
6. Black loose shirt
7. Checked shirt
8. Good quality cardigans
9. Printed sweatshirts (Kenzo Tiger or Zoe Karssen printed ones)

10. Jeans in black, dark blue, bordeaux
11. T by Alexander Wang jersey skirt in black and grey (http://www.shopbop.com/mohair-jerse...352&fm=other-shopbysize-viewall&colorId=37336)
12. Classic black pants
13. Loose printed pants

14. Classic black dresses
15. Some Helmut Lang
16. Some Isabel Marant

17. Alexander McQueen scarves
18. Leopard print scarves

19. Pearl studs
20. Diamond studs
21. Gold watch
22. Diamond necklace
23. Balenciaga bracelet

24. Mulberry Bayswater bag
25. Chanel 2.55 bag (although I'm going to wait until I'm a bit older with this one, I think you can be to young in style for a classic Chanel).
26. Balenciaga City bag

27. Black blazer
28. White blazer

29. Good quality flats (I LOVE Anniel)
30. Simple black heels
31. Nude heels

32. Black ankle boots (Acne Pistols are my favorite)
34. Biker boots