Esoteric question for leather sniffers only

***Bumping***

I'm sort of circling another H leather purchase soon and I'm wondering if Box has the best smell to anyone else?

I'm a bit nervous that anything else might be a letdown?

My Clemence is fine but doesn't really send me the same way. Are there other yummy-smelling leathers to consider? TIA

im sorry i cant help either as i have only smelled a limited number of leather but i just wanted to say that i was amazed the strong smell of my brand new ostrich.. does anyone else agree that its extremely strong? or are there stonger smells?

glad this thread got bumped!
ah Pepper, what a wonderful world... As I read through the posts I didn't need to get up to smell any of my bags, because I have a "sense memory" (as theater people call it) for each of them. of course they are different ages, all pre-owned, and definitely a noticeably wonderful aroma from each of them. well actually, the only bag i have that "stinks" is my year K suede jige that i bought new from the boutique in July. I should air that thing out for a while and see if it helps. Funny, it just smells bad -- maybe that's why it didn't sell in 2007 (and I was too much of a newbie to know what I was doing when I plunked down that $2750)
Well, back to the more pleasant topic at hand, my 2 barenia bags smell different from one another (only a year apart in prod. date, but one's natural and one's ebene) -- both great. when i'm not carrying either, i try to wear my barenia watch strap -- works kinda like a nicotine patch to keep me steady...
oh yes, i'm a sniffer :rolleyes:

I had bought a garden party of swift leather more than a year back and it still smells the same when i first opened it ...divine ..even the dust cover has the lovely smell ...that is why i am planning on getting my birkin in swift ...anyone has come across this in swift??

I can't help, I subscribed becuase I love esoteric and I love the smell of leather. I love leather, especially bags and jackets/coats. Used to be pants too but I'm not as comfy in them any more.

This is hilarious, so I just put my head into my togo...yes, smells divine. I laughed at my friend Lucy who did this..and was like "what are you doing?". My clemence actually has a stronger smell than my togo. Yes, box has a sweeter smell for some reason.

coromandel chevre has a lovely scent. I noticed that the dyes create tonal differences in leathers too - so a rouge garance togo has a somewhat difference aroma to a blue jeans togo for instance

OMG! I'm not the only one who smells the leather! I honestly never noticed the smell until I got my Chevre Mangalore Kelly. It is AMAZING, I love it when I open the box and the smell of this leather wafts out.

I do not have a particularly good sense of smell, so this was surprising to me. My togo trim has a faint smell which is nice, but not particularly inspiring. My epsom Kelly Wallet has no smell that I can discern. But the chevre kelly is dreamy.

The most interesting leather I have smelled so far is Buffalo. It is very strong, and I can smell it within two feet of the box that the bag is in. It is has such an odd sweet scent! It is very hard to describe. Some days it is much too overpowering, and I cannot take the bag out of the box. My H has buffalo boots, and they too have a very sweet aroma, but nothing like the scent of this bag.