Eole 60 - as a carry-on???

That's a shame because I had NO problem taking it on the plane. It fit in the overhead area just fine. I'm actually very glad I got it because I was able to fit everything I needed to bring into it and not have to worry about checking it.

Darn, that's kind of annoying, 'cause I like the 60 size bigger. Oh, well--the 50 is almost too big for small planes (regional jets + turboprops) anyway, so I couldn't have the 60 on short trips....I still want one though!!!

I just bought the 60 eole for DH, and now I'm afraid that it is too big. The SAs were rather vague at LV, and I should have known something was up. :sad: When I arrived home, I compared the IRL dimensions to the Delta dimensions for carry on, and the 60 eole is clearly too large. Has anyone else been successful using it as a carry on? I don't like the idea of always feeling uncertain when DH is going to the airport, and I know he would be furious at me if I bought him something that he can't really carry on. Any new reports:?:

55cm is the biggest airlines allow as carry on.
You can try to use it as carry on, but they're probably gonna ask you to check it if the plane is too small or has too many people on it.

I really am happy to hear about you taking your Eole 60 as carry-on. I am thinking about buying one and all the information was confusing. On LV.com it says cabin-size but then the SA and dimensions would say otherwise (it's over the 45" total allowed for carry-on according to most airlines). BUT I have this piece of DVF luggage I always carry on every single time and it is HUGE! I mean its at least as big as the Eole 60 if not bigger and I've never ever had a problem with it. So I think I'll go ahead and buy the Eole 60.
Also theres this great website that makes custom clear covers for your luggage and I bet they could make one for Eole in case they force you to check it. its called www.carryritecovers.com. I ordered one for my Pegase 55 and it was only $48.
And BTW the Pegase 60 CANNOT be taken as carry-on, as someone stated prior. The Pegase 55 is the largest you can take onboard (and sometimes it's just not enough to carry all my stuff)

And BTW they woll ask you to check stuff if the plane is too full so always try to sit in the REAR of the plane so that you can get on the plane first and make sure theres room for your LV!

I traveled recently and they tried to make me check my keepall 50, because they were short on overhead room..and I was seating right in the middle, it was only about half boarded when they started taking people's carry ons and telling them that they had to check them. I told her that I absolutely was NOT checking it, and she said that it was ok as long as I could fit it under my seat. LOL..and you can bet, I had NO problem fitting it under my seat!

So..moral of story..being within the accepted dimensions doesn't guarantee that you won't be forced to check, so make sure that in a pinch, your bag can fit under your seat! lol