"Entry-level" designer?

kristinKC

Sep 4, 2006
Hi! This is my first post here. :smile: I'm a grad student in Ohio and while I have always been interested in fashion, I have just recently begun to appreciate the quality and luxury of having designer accessories.

I am interested in purchasing a smallish bag (12"x8" give or take) for around $200 or less. I never buy anything unless it is on sale anyway, so this would be no exception. Which designer/s would you recommend who commonly have purses available in my price range at sale price? I want a purse that has the best QUALITY that I can afford so that while I use and spend time with the bag I will be able to appreciate the fine attention to detail given to designer purses. Which designers in my price range have the best quality purses in your opinion?

I apologize if my thoughts are jumbled! I tend to ramble and don't like to edit. :shame: Thanks in advance!

Marc by Marc Jacobs, check elux, NM or Saks websites. They might be available for $200 if on sale.
Some of the older Fendi bag styles are available on Ebay for around that price, just be careful and check that they are authentic. You can use the Authenticate This! section of the forum.

Thanks Melissa and Fendigal! So far my list includes Tano, Marc Jacobs, Furla, and Cole Haan from reading previous threads. If anybody has more comments/ experience with these or other lower priced designer bags, I would absolutely love to hear them!

I found a boutique that is right near my home that sells Tano, so I'm going to go check them out this morning. :biggrin:

Just so you can keep things together. It's Marc by Marc Jacobs. The Marc Jacobs collection is out of your price range. My recommendation is Coach. You can get so much for 200 dollars there. I think it's the gateway to other bags.

Attachments

• Francesco Biasia shake it shoulder tote zappos.jpg
    Francesco Biasia shake it shoulder tote zappos.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 93
Thanks Elongreach for the correction. Sorry, bag idiot here.

I'm not too interested in Coach or Dooney. I have a Coach bag already and am not overly impressed by it. I guess my experience is mainly with their signature rather than leather bags though-- I'll check them out to be sure.

Alison, I'll look at some Juicy bags and see how I like them, and Passerby, I've got Francesco Biasia on my list as well. I'm going to try to go see examples of all of these bags in person so I can decide which brand I'll go with first.

Thanks everybody! If anybody has any concrete comments as to the quality and stitching of any of these brands I'd love to hear it. The only real advice I've received from my excellent shopper friend is to pay special attention to the stitching of bags, that is where quality is evident. More advice is greatly appreciated!

Bulga goes on sale sometimes if you find that you have a little more that 200. I think they run about 275 on sale. Kate Spades are always on sale. I think she's very sophisticated. Calvin Klein makes some hot bags in that price range as well.

This Longchamp (black) Mini Shopper is my 1st work bag (Nordstrom or Saks for $230USD, price went up over the years). I have her for more than 6 years already, she's still excellent. Worth every penny.

Longchamp Nature Mini Shopper : lc_2745 : Handbags : Longchamp : Nature : Bagshop.com
Longchamp Nature Mini Shopper - $215
[FONT=tahoma,arial]The Longchamp Nature Mini Shopper has a zipper top pouch section that is held in place by two snaps and can be removed. SPECIAL SALE PRICE. LIMITED QUANTITIES. [/FONT]

Length x Width x Height = 8.25in x 8.25in x 4.25in

Welcome to the forum KrinstinKC. I am a graduate student in Ohio too. What are you studying?

I would recommend Marc by Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, and Juicy too!