Engagement Ring ?

1. Hi, I got engaged last month and I am very happy! I really don't know too much about diamonds though. My fiance gave me the certificate paper on the diamond. I know that he bought it at Mimi So in the diamond district in NYC. I had to go back to get it resized. What a beautiful store! The info on the diamond is 1.04 carat round brilliant, d color, vvs2, very good cut. Polish says excellent. My finger size is 4 3/4. Is this considered an avg ring? I absolutely love it and am not complaining! I live in NYC and I see so many huge rings around here .. Thanks!
  2. Congratulations! Your fiance has great taste in diamonds...that is an excellent quality stone. I'm not sure if there is an average size, but you should definitely feel special.

3. Congrats!!! Sounds beautiful :yes:
  4. Congrats on your engagement! The ring sounds absolutely beautiful...what do you mean by 'average?'

If you mean size/carat weight...I think it differs by region. 1 carat in Manhattan/LA/Chicago may be considered average, but it's certainly not average in other areas of the country. AND, your center stone is certainly not average with the fact that it's D, VVS1! That's almost flawless, and also colorless. As long as it makes you go gaga, and the cut is good enough so that it sparkles and gives off a lot of light...that's not average, darlin'!

Have fun wedding-band shopping...get something blingy to match and you will have a gorgeous set!
  5. I'm a 4 1/2 and the SA told me at Tiffany's that my finger was very small. I think she also said that Tiffany rings start at size 6.
  6. My ering was originally sized at 4.75...I just had it resized to a 4 last week after wearing it for a few months and realizing that it spins all the time.

Congrats on your engagement...I think you should post a picture of your ring!
  7. that sounds beautiful. congratulations!
  8. congratulatons. This is not avergae whatsoever. D is quite exceptional is color, and VVS1 means very very Small inclusions. So you have a great sparkler with a beautiful white color
    An average diamond is G.
    And 1.04 carat is a nice size.
  9. Congrats on getting engaged.
  10. Congrats on your engagement!x
  11. congrats on your engagement!! sounds like a beautiful ring!
  12. I think of that as far from average!!! Sounds great! WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS
  13. Sounds beautiful! Congrats on the engagement - how exciting!!!
  14. That sounds absolutely beautiful with 4 amazing C's!