ending an auction early

1. Hey everyone,

So based on my last thread I got a lot of good advice on what to do for next time, but for now my item is still at a low price with hours left!

I know it's shady, but can I end my auction early? Will anything bad happen if I do?

:ty:

2. You can end an auction up to 12 hours before the listing ends by saying the item is no longer available for sale. However, you are not supposed to do this just because the price has not reached what you want, a bidder could suspect your reason & report you to eBay.
    If you want to ensure a certain price you either put a Buy it Now allowing Best offers, this is what I do, or use the reserve pricing function.

3. ouy...I don't want to be a shady seller...I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and take a loss on this one. I have 3 bidders, 7 bids, 12 watchers, and there's less than 20 hours left on my auction which is currently at $5 (for a $25 item) how do you guys think I'll end up?

4. My prediction is that you will gain a bit towards the end end (like with 5 minutes or less left). I truly hope you don't have to take a huge loss, but sometimes that's how it goes with eBay. The thrill of the hunt, the thrill of the sell.

5. I think you still have time for it to go up. Many people like to bid at the last minute. Twelve watchers is a decent number (and may increase as the auction nears the end) so there's is still a chance of it going up.