Emigrant Direct,anyone? [ Savings Account]

1. HELLOOO EVERYONE...

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH EMIGRANT DIRECT? IF SO, HOW HAS IT BEEN FOR YOU?

OR, WHAT SAVINGS [ IE; ORANGE SAVINGS,ING DIRECT....ETC] ARE YOU CURRENTLY USING AND HOWS THAT GOING?

:smile:

2. I have a Roth IRA with Vanguard... their fees are slightly less than Fidelity.

I also keep money in a 6 month 5.5% CD fund with Citibank.

3. You and Citbank! hehee, I've seen you mention CitiBank a few times arlead on PF! :lol: I think I'll consider to look into that...

The 6 month CD , does the interest add up at the end up the 6 month period or every month? :shrugs:

4. You can choose how you want the interest to be paid: either at the end of the 6 month period or monthly.

5. I have ING direct...I like that my money is separated from my everyday bank account. that way I spend less. The interest rates are great and theyhave all types of services and accounts types..

6. I use ING direct. I have both a savings account and a CD with them.

I heard about emigrant direct and while the interest rates are high, I heard they lack in customer service. But your money is practically liquid.

Hmm... decisions!

7. ^^^
    Jen (hiii!), I used to have an account that was, as you said, practically liquid. I now know I'm much better off with an account I can't touch for six months!