embarrassing & irritating...mostly the latter

I will have to tell about my MIL...we were window shopping outside of Saks (1962) when I saw these beautiful alligator pumps. They were to die for. What did she do? She marched me in, bought those shoes for me plus a matching bag!!! I wore those puppies until the cows came home and they always made me feel like a million dollars. And, my MIL didn't have that kind of money, only that kind of love. Oddly enough, they went out of style but are now back in. You have to be old enough to remember that. :smile:

Ah the nightmare stories about MIL. What yours did was uncalled for, and just plain rude. If it was the alcohol then just stay away from her next time when she drinks. If it is more than that, then you need to set her straight. Sorry this happened.

I will have to tell about my MIL...we were window shopping outside of Saks (1962) when I saw these beautiful alligator pumps. They were to die for. What did she do? She marched me in, bought those shoes for me plus a matching bag!!! I wore those puppies until the cows came home and they always made me feel like a million dollars. And, my MIL didn't have that kind of money, only that kind of love. Oddly enough, they went out of style but are now back in. You have to be old enough to remember that. :smile:
WoW looks like you struck it lucky with MIL congrats, treasure her she is rare LOL

I love the line about how you said she didn't have that kind of money, but she had that kind of love. :love:

I'm sorry this happened to you! Was it a Mono Speedy 30? Because that was what happened to mine! My bf's mum is somewhat like your MIL... just louder. When I got my Speedy, she announced to everyone when I got it, where I got it and at what price. She told everyone she saw and it made me feel real embarrassed. She knew I was uncomfortable and she simply said, "There is no point trying to hide it. People will find out eventually." - like it's a bad thing!!! Hello? She's a fan of LV too and so is my bf's sis and SIL so I didn't see why she was doing this to me exclusively?! She does not do this to anyone else! And she does this not only to my LVs, but to my jewellery and clothes and everything! Once I buy something, she'll immediately ask the price and then commit it to memory, for regurgitation later on during gatherings!!!

Sorry for ranting... I just couldn't contain it further.

Yes, it was my mono 30. Oh...don't kid yourself...she was loud! ;) Mine was doing it becasue she enjoyed the spectacle and thought I would WANT (wtf?) everyone to know, ask q's, touch...etc...I guess. Yeah, she was doing the fake/voice/yell thing...
In your case...sounds like a touch of jealousy? (maybe mine too...who knows?! I can't try to figure out what makes people tick!)

LOL mshel, maybe Mono 30 invites jealousy? I kind of think my bf’s mum is like your MIL… my bf’s mum is a natural attention seeker and she often throws tantrums and yells at me and slams the doors in my face when she feels like it. But she says I’m her baby and her precious at the same time. I don’t know what’s up with her. I sort of try to block her out sometimes, you know, because she is such a drama mama!

I'm sorry this happened to you! Was it a Mono Speedy 30? Because that was what happened to mine! My bf's mum is somewhat like your MIL... just louder. When I got my Speedy, she announced to everyone when I got it, where I got it and at what price. She told everyone she saw and it made me feel real embarrassed. She knew I was uncomfortable and she simply said, "There is no point trying to hide it. People will find out eventually." - like it's a bad thing!!! Hello? She's a fan of LV too and so is my bf's sis and SIL so I didn't see why she was doing this to me exclusively?! She does not do this to anyone else! And she does this not only to my LVs, but to my jewellery and clothes and everything! Once I buy something, she'll immediately ask the price and then commit it to memory, for regurgitation later on during gatherings!!!

Sorry for ranting... I just couldn't contain it further.

If I were you, I would quote my favorite line for people who are rude: "I will forgive you for asking if you will forgive me for not answering."