Email from Eluxury about 'Friends Finale' LV bag

1. I got this email from Eluxury today:

Dear Mr. XXXXX, (My husband)

Thank you for your interest in eLUXURY and Louis Vuitton products. I am happy to
    assist you.

We are pleased to feature Louis Vuitton products on our web site. The handbag
    featured on the episode of 'Friends' was a special vintage design. I apologize,
    we have never featured this item on eLUXURY and it was never distributed to the
    Louis Vuitton stores. I apologize for any disappointment.

If I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

eLUXURY Customer Service
    Toll-free: 1-877-890-7171
    Fax: 1-877-883-7171
  2. Does this mean that it was a one of kind piece or is it a polite way of saying it's a fake?:weird:
  3. Polite for fake! :smile:
  4. I guess so Irene..I have to read it 3 times just to make sure.. LOL
  5. Michele1025, what were you asking Eluxury? A bag that you had?
  6. Inquiring more information about the bag that was on the Friends finale. More info here
  7. Interesting. A "special vintage design" eh? They also never said it was actually an LV, just that it was never distributed to an LV store.

I have to give credit to eLuxury though for responding so politely to your email/letter. Most places would have just ignored it!
  8. Thanks for the 411 mello yello jen and bagsnbags!
  9. i agree they were quite diplomatic in their response
  10. I can't understand why Friends would do that, showing a fake bag on one of the most watched finales in TV history and having Rachel work for LV! The email was very interesting.
  11. ^^I don't understand it either. They could have just had her carry a real piece of similar size and proportions. I guess though it saves the show money to use fakes, since they're just props. If something happens them, it isn't a huge loss.
  12. Maybe someone should call 866 Vuitton. They should give us a definite answer.
  13. Thanks for posting this!
  14. I myspaced my SA and I think I am really trying to make it real because I really love that show. She's been working at LV for 7 years and here's her reply:

fake. we researched it, yes its true.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
    Date: Jul 10, 2006 9:54 PM

I know you know basically everything there is to know about your man Louis. In the show 'Friends' finale the LV bag that Rachel had, was that fake or was it vintage?

:cry: :cry: :cry: