Eluxury Sales Tax Loophole

1. So, I live in California, so I must pay sales tax on many web purchases. I noticed on eluxury.com, they state that "eLUXURY charges sales tax for orders shipped to California and Tennessee."

Keyword being SHIPPED. So, in theory, could I buy something, have it shipped to my mom in WA, and avoid the sales tax like the big cheapskate that I am?

Anyone tried this? Do they go by shipping location and not billing address?

I'd love to know ASAP, I am visiting my parents in WA next week!

2. I never tried it but I always wanted to do it. It should work though right?

3. I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread! It's supposed to be in the LV board. Oh well. I have no idea how that happened. Feel free to close this thread.

4. It should work. I do this all the time.

5. Thanks you guys :smile: I am off to elux then.... Oh what I do just to save a measly $90.00. Heh.

6. It sure does work, even some things can't be shipped to some states, so you get them shipped to family somewhere else. And hey, you already have $90 towards your next bag burchase!

7. It depends on where it is being shipped.

8. it charges tax for where it is being shipped, so if you pay for it but send it to your mom is WA, then no shipping! I totally understand where you are coming from though, when I have to pay sales tax for pricey items, I always think about what I can do with that money!!!!!

9. I went for it! And sure enough, no sales tax. Ahhhh.

10. Good for you - people like us pay too much in taxes as it is!

11. I always want to do it, but I'm never patient enough to wait for the double shipping... and I hate bothering my parents...