ellipse PM & alma too alike? can i have both?

1. The reasonable, practical, prudent side of me says that i don't like to have too many bags that are too similar -- i.e., owning both a damier handheld (saleya) & a damier shoulder tote (chelsea) is OK, b/c those 2 bags serve completely different functions. But maybe a damier saleya and a damier alma are too similar b/c they are both handheld.

So . . . . do you think the monogram ellipse PM and monogram alma are too similar, and it would be wasteful to spend money on both? Are they completely interchangeable? They are both structured, and both handheld.

Thanks for your opinions.
  2. I don't think they are too alike... If you have the money, go for it... if not, I think you should just get one. I prefer the Alma over the Ellipse.
  3. I have had both...I loved my Ellipse...the Alma was great looking BUT it has the leather bottom and it picks up all sorts of stuff if you are not always careful. The Ellipse was more user friendly for me. Both great bags!!! Let us know what you decide!
  4. I own both and don't think they are alike at all (although my Alma is white MC)! I use Alma more in the summer and also find that it fits more than Ellipse PM.
  5. I Have Both....Two VERY Different Bags.
  6. I have the mono ellipse MM and the MC alma and I don't think they look alike at all.
    Now, I'm guessing that you're talking about the 2 bags in the same monogram canvas - and I would say that even then, the 2 bags look very different from each other. Thus, I wouldn't worry about that.

It would be a different story if you were (for example) intending on purchasing both the amazone and the danube, which, in that case, those 2 bags would look rather similar to each other.
  7. I think the Ellipse is one of the purses i want tooo if anything in mono
  8. Ah! Same ones I have! :love:
    And nope, they're not too much alike. They're both really different looking, IMO.
  9. They don't look alike to me. I like the Alma better though.
  10. Of course you can have both, there are no rules to LV owning ! ;)
  11. Nope. These bags are entirely different in style. I love my Damier Ellipse PM!
  12. I LOVE the ellipse!!! It's totally different from the Alma. Less vachetta to stress about!