Elishas New Knot :)

1. Hey there, ok so as most of you know i untied my elisha knot the minute i got it to see how big the bag was, and of course i couldnt remember how it was tied! i had a heck of a time trying to get it right and in the process i created my own knot and i really like it!!! :smile:

some of you asked how i got the knot so flat or how i knoted it this way so i wanted to start a place for it,

i took pictures of a scarf i was tying step by step to show how i did it i hope they help

it looks a TAD different only because the scarf is very soft material so its hard to keep the structure of the nice look i have in the front, but i assure you its exactly the same just with the elisha fabric it keeps the nice shape! :smile:

ok so here is what the knot looks like:
    [​IMG]

SO here we go ladies get out your practice materials :smile:

**I AM GOING TO CALL EACH SIDE BY NAME SO THE #S DONT GET CONFUSING SO ONE IS BOB AND ONE IS JANE

STEP 1: TAKE BOB AND CROSS HIM OVER JANE
    [​IMG]

STEP 2: TAKE THE TIP OF JANE AND CROSS IT BACK OVER BOB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

STEP 3: TAKE JANE AND PUT HER THROUGH THE LITTLE OPENING AT THE TOP WHERE THEY MADE THEIR 1ST CROSS (in my picture you see she goes through where the handle attaches to the little metal 1/2 moon hardware of the kooba) ONCE SHE IS THROUGH THE HOLE KEEP HER HANGING ON THE LEFT SIDE
    [​IMG]
    STEP 4: NOW IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THE PICTURE BELOW, ONCE IT LOOKS LIKE THIS YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE BOBS END THAT YOU HAVENT TOUCHED SINCE THE BEGINNING (the end i am touching in the picture)
    [​IMG]
    STEP 5:
    YOU TAKE BOBS END THAT YOU ARE HOLDING AND PUT IT THROUGH THAT SAME LOOP AT THE TOP THAT YOU PUT JANE THOUGH BEFORE, BUT YOU DO IT FROM BEHIND THIS TIME, SO YOU TAKE BOBS END AND PASS IT BEHIND AND UP THROUGH THE HOLE :smile:
    [​IMG]

2. STEP 6:

NOW THAT BOB IS STICKING UP FROM THE HOLE YOU TAKE HIS END (THE TIP AS YOU SEE IN THE PICTURE)
    AND YOUO ARE GOING TO THREAD IT THORUGH THAT LOOP THAT WAS MADE BEFORE FROM LOOPING JANE OVER :smile:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AND ONCE YOU PULL IT THROUGH DONT PULL LIKE REALLY TIGHT LIKE TYING YOUR SHOES CAUSE THEN ITLL JUST JUMBLE TOGETHER (with the scarf) IT WONT SEEM LIKE IT LOOKS TOTALLY RIGHT ON A SCARF CAUSE THE MATERIAL ISNT STURDY ENOUGH BUT THIS IS DEF HOW ITS DONE :smile:

HEHE

AND HERE THEY ARE TOGEHTER NEXT TO EACHOTHER :smile:

lemme know if it works out for you guys and if i can help more!!!!!!

3. [​IMG]

4. :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:
    Oh My....This is going to take a free afternoon, a few glasses of wine...and alot of Tylenol!!!

The outcome is beautiful and I definitely like it better than the Sailors knot But OH BOY!!!

Thank you for such intricate detailing. I am gonna need it. You are a Doll Bessie!!

5. Is It Really That Confusing :sad: ?

6. Bessie, you're like the MacGyver of the Kooba Kingdom. Pretty soon you'll be making your own Kooba out of a matchstick, 3 paper clips, and a napkin.

7. HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA o my god MacGyver was one of my favorite shows when i was younger i LOVED IT!!! i thought he was so hot, and crafty!

hahahaa o my god i want to be able to make a kooba from a matchstick, chewed gum a paperclip and empty papertowel roll!!!!!!!

8. LOL :roflmfao:

9. I want to know how to make a Kooba out of a Target bag. Now THAT is talent.

10. I think I saw some of those on eBay....for just 350!!!! What a deal!

11. soooo has anyone tried my knot :smile:

12. I'm not drunk enough to understand it yet but I promise I will. :yes:

13. I used to know how to tie those knots because I used to work in a leather store where we tied the belts on coats that way. But it has been so many years that I am with Lexie and I will need a few drinks, some Tylenol and a free afternoon for me to get it again!

Thanks for the tutorial, though. It is a really sharp-looking knot once it is tied! Your bag looks fantastic!

14. come on ladies its friday night time to get drunk and try tying my knot!!!!! :smile: someone hehe give it a shot!

15. :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: