Eid is coming, to all of you who celebrates it..

1. .. Happy Eid ul-Fitr, Aidil Fitri , Idul Fitri :flowers:

We're celebrating it tomorrow and today is the last day of Ramadhan. It has gone so fast, a month is like nothing. I just hope next year I will still be here to experience Ramadhan again, and if I do, I hope I can do it better than this year. Confession: this year I'm not doing so good :shrugs: . I only did 2 tarawihs for the whole month, and I skipped fasting a few days (outside the week that I got my monthly thingy). The situation at the office has been really nerve wracking lately, and I was so busy, but still that doesn't make an excuse for what I did. Oops! Not very proud of myself.

And here in Indonesia, we say:

Minal Aidin wal Faidzin, to those of you who don't understand this, it basically means we're asking for forgiveness for all the mistakes we have done during this year. We say this to every person we meet, starting with the old ones (like grandparents), parents, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, etc. I dunno about the customs in other countries, what do you usually say, is it Mubarak Eid?

In my country there is also a tradition where you go home to your city for Eid. Jakarta (the capital city) can be so empty during the Eid holidays, coz all the ppl are going home outside Jakarta. I :heart: the traffic on these days, I wish everyday can be like that :p Eid is also the time were we all go hand in hand to take care of the house, coz all the maids are going home. We all have chores, this year mine would be cleaning up my room, wash the dishes, and look after the pool. My mom is doing the clothes washing, vacuuming and mopping, and my dad, well, he has to clean the bathrooms and my parents' bedroom, as well as looking after the dog, LOL!

What about u guys, what are the traditions in your respective countries? I would love to know.

2. Thank you for sharing that. I don't know as much as I'd like about other cultures and countries. I love the idea of asking forgiveness for the wrongs we've done.

I love Thanksgiving--a time for family, gratitude, and many people help less fortunate people by serving a nice dinner for them.

3. eid mubarak to all my muslim brothers and sisters here on the purse forum!!

I will be at work tommorrow so cannot attend eid prayer. but, Hopefully allah swt accepts our fasts this year. Now is the time to be asking for forgivness if we didnt feel we did as much as we can during this ramadan. Inshallah, we will all be around to make next year better.

mashallah, ramadan went by so quick this year!!!

Hope everyone has a joyus eid!

:smile:

4. ^^ Oh no, you gotta work tomorrow? You're in CA right? Here, Eid is a public holiday, almost everything is closed. I have a 3 day break from the office, so I cant complain, hehe.

5. Also wishing everybody a happy Eid, may Allah SWT accept our fast and hopefully we can still meet Ramadhan next year!

6. Hi, I'm from Malaysia, we say Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri and Maaf Zahir Batin! I will be having an open house, basically, friends, neighbours and relatives will come and visit, and we will serve special dishes that usually only appear during Aidil Fitri. The next few days will be spent visiting relatives and friends. I'm off the whole week! :yahoo: Have a wonderful Aidil Fitri!

7. HAPPY EID IL MUBARAK EVERYONE!! :yahoo: :yahoo: May God grant you everything that will benefit you!!

8. happy eid all :smile:

9. hope u all had a wondefull eid and may allah make next ramdan beter for evrey 1

10. Eid Mubarak to you and your family, I pray that you have a wonderful Eid. I pray that we all benefited from Ramadan and that we exit it in a far better state of Emaan than we entered it Ameen :smile:

Well we started preparing for Eid last night cleaned the house and my mum has cooked loads as family/friends to come round from breakfast till supper or we to go instead! As my cousins were over last night we all put some henna on slept at 6am lol woke up just in time for Eid prayer alhumdulillah (thank god) the mosque is only 10mins away! All the kids get presents and eidy (eid money) I got a few presents :biggrin:

11. ^^ Eid money, that's fun! I no longer get it though :p I used to when I was lil, but now it's my turn to give to the lil ones coz I'm working now.

12. I know I'm a bit late but Eid Mubarak to all of you and Kol Sana Wento Tayebeen Inshallah =)
    Hope everyone has had a wonderful Eid. Mine has been full of family visits, my husband is so happy that he gets to rest from work for a few days ;) lol

Eid in Saudi Arabia is all about family gatherings. usually the 1st Eid morning all the men go and pray then we all have breakfast together. most people go to sleep after that lol cause they wouldn't have slept all night..don't know how they do it :p
    then families gather late at night and go to restaurants or toy stores or places for the kids to play. took my daughter to Chuck E Cheese the other night and talk about crowded! at least she enjoyed herself ;)

2 more days and school starts again. can't wait for next ramadan! :smile:

13. a belated eid mubarak to all of you! so glad to see my muslim sisters on the board! had a great 2 day celebration and now it's back to the daily grind.

can't wait for eid ul adha!