Eggplant City!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Deana! I love eggplant!! Now you just need an eggplant wallet to go with it.

The seller may have been harsh in his post but if someone comes on a 8 page thread and had been called everything from a scammer, shiller, liar, jerk, etc and was accused of criminal acts as fact rather than real concerns usually won't take the highroad whether they're in the right or not. Maybe he is all of these things, but maybe he's not. Until it's proven, it's dangerous to state certain borderline criminal activities as if it's a FACT (saying he IS doing this or he's DEFINITELY doing THAT) rather than discussing the serious concerns, especially when it can be a liablility for the owners of TPF if there are no facts to back them up, which has been a problem in the past with other forums as well. It may seem like a fine line, but it's there. Megs and Vlad (and the MODs) invest alot of hard work on this forum and don't need to deal with angry sellers who think a claim against them that turns out to be false (or not, since lack of proof is all they need) has cost them money because believe it or not, these public forums DO have an impact on ebay sales, especially when a vast majority of the bidders are members.

Also, Greendrv has been a regular on here and TFS for a long time and has owned practially every spy out there, among other bags so I'd trust her judgement. Some members can determine authenticity without scrutinizing every detail. I would probably need more pics, but as an owner of spys myself determined it's real just by the look of the leather. I have yet to see a fake that mimics the look of the nappa leather on spys like this one. I won't give my complete serial of approval but I would feel comfortable with it, however I'd still pay with a credit card through paypal just in case since I'm not familiar with the seller either.

Congrats, Deana! Now you can move Eggplant City off your Dream Additions and into your Family.

You MUST post lots of pix of this very controversial bag when you get it! And be sure to ask who the A List Celebrity was! I want to hear what he says!

Surfer I see your points and I agree with you on most of them. I believe all of his bags are authentic too.

Deana, no thanks needed abut you are welcome. I love esnipe because I often can't sit around and be there for the end of autctions. It also keeps me from getting caught up in a last minute frenzy and paying more than I wanted to.

You are going to love that bag!! :yahoo:

The seller may have been harsh in his post but if someone comes on a 8 page thread and had been called everything from a scammer, shiller, liar, jerk, etc and was accused of criminal acts as fact rather than real concerns usually won't take the highroad whether they're in the right or not. Maybe he is all of these things, but maybe he's not. Until it's proven, it's dangerous to state certain borderline criminal activities as if it's a FACT (saying he IS doing this or he's DEFINITELY doing THAT) rather than discussing the serious concerns, especially when it can be a liablility for the owners of TPF if there are no facts to back them up, which has been a problem in the past with other forums as well. It may seem like a fine line, but it's there. Megs and Vlad (and the MODs) invest alot of hard work on this forum and don't need to deal with angry sellers who think a claim against them that turns out to be false (or not, since lack of proof is all they need) has cost them money because believe it or not, these public forums DO have an impact on ebay sales, especially when a vast majority of the bidders are members.

^^Right on! You're a much needed breath of fresh air!!!!:yahoo:

I think that if the seller did read the entire blog he would have noticed that people were more curious about details of the bag and his lack of answers created suspicion. Also not everything that was posted was negative. For instance I did contact the seller and tell him that someone was claiming to be the seller of the aforementioned bag, once it was clear that is not him. I pasted the entire email to him so he would be aware of the situation. I think the comments and discussions that occur after questions are posted, are the nature of the beast - that is what forums do, they create dialogue btwn. users. I doubt anyone was thinking to intentionally defame his character or cross any legal boundaries. It's just really light hearted fun talking about bags. ;)

I agree with you too serene! :yes: and he was evasive. When you want to sell bags for over 1000.00 be a little considerate, take the time to answer emails, send pictures, meausrements, etc. Is it a pain? Of course it it, but it's what you should do if you are a good seller. Vague, flippant answers to peolple's questions aren't the way to treat people or to get top dollar for your items.
That's all I have to say about this except that I hope that I am glad a PF'er got that bag so we can see pics and I am glad someone got it that will love it. :smile:

Deana~ I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPYYY for you!!!!!!! You know how much I love any shade of purple and the eggplant is the best color Bal ever ever made!!!!!!!! I'm jumping up and down for you now! Wish you could see me!!!!!!!!!LOL

Thank you so much Surfer --- that was exactly what I was thinking, but you said it so beautifully!

Just a piece of advice everyone for future incidents ---- please refrain from accusing sellers of doing something when you do not have any factual evidence. It is really not right to falsely accuse when there is no solid proof, especially when you could potentially be ruining someone's reputation (believe it or not, The Purse Forum is a very "powerful" place, and we really need to think before we type).

Congratulations Deana! :smile: It is a gorgeous bag, and I'm sure it will be worn well.

I'm going to close this thread for now, since the auction is over - I think everything should be put to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.