Edith handles

1. Those of you who own LV's know that the handles of the leather would get the tell-tale "dark" handle imprints. It happens to all of the LV handbags that are carried by hand. The middle of the handles would darken because that is where you would constantly handle the bag. I've attached a photo I found to represent the sympton.

I noticed that the leather on the Edith handles are very similar to the LV patina. I am wondering if you guys think that after time they too will darken like LV's? I hope not! I personally think it looks dirty. :push:

04m.jpg
  2. OMG, what a timely post as I was just contemplating this the other day while conditioning my Speedy 30 handles. I carry mine on the forearm most of the time and very rarely by hand so the darkening underneath the handles is a very, very slight shading which is not black - just a slightly darker patina than the top - and I'm trying to preserve that.

I carry my Ediths on the forearm and am especially careful with Chamois as I don't want to stain her beautiful handles.

3. Roey, how do you like your speedy? I am considering repurchasing the Speedy but in a smaller size, 25. Lately I've been anti-LV monogram but I saw someone carrying it the other day and I thought...wow, LV looks REALLY good with white clothing and dark brown boots...lol. The LV 25 is very cost effective too...only 565 or something, I think....

4. I carry my Ediths on the forearm and am especially careful with Chamois as I don't want to stain her beautiful handles.[/quote]

Roey, you have a Chamois Edith too?! :shocked: Your handbag collection must be phenominal!!! Do you have a photo of all of your bags? When did you start your handbag collection? I aspire one day to be like you...hehe.

5. I would imagine this could be a possibility with the lighter colors. I have the Whiskey & the Chocolate so I don't worry about that too much.

6. I was thinking of selling my Speedy but just read LV raised their prices again. The 30 is now $620 and the 25 is $595. I paid $480 for my Speedy 30 in 2003! So to sell it, have regrets, and repurchase would cost more in the long run. And it really is a nice bag to carry - looks great with everything and a classic LV style. It's the only LV I've lusted after except for the Manhattan PM. But the PM was just raised to $1390 and for that money, I'd rather buy another Chanel.

7. Roey, you have a Chamois Edith too?! :shocked: Your handbag collection must be phenominal!!! Do you have a photo of all of your bags? When did you start your handbag collection? I aspire one day to be like you...hehe.[/quote]

No one, I repeat no one, should ever aspire to be like me :lol:. I really overextended my finances to own these bags, and am taking the summer to pay down damages and will not even think about buying another bag until well into the fall! :cry: The discipline is killing me but I'm sticking to my guns, enjoying what I have. To my credit, I started my collection when I was 43 - in 2003 with a Balenciaga bag (since sold), so feel age has earned the right to some entitlement, LOL!

But thank you. :biggrin: My collection is small - I really pared down to only what I love and use - under 15 and 3 of them are mid-range weekend bags (Kooba and Michael Kors). 11 are designer including 7 Chloe bags. I started a bag showcase but never posted it. Maybe I will put that back on my "to do" list!